Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Caerth curses under his breath as he draws another arrow, and is about to say something when the burst of noise seems to erupt right next to his ears.

With a growl, the half-orc drops the arrow and instinctively covers his ears, his massive bow bumping into the side of his head awkwardly.

OOC: Fortitude: 1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13

So Caerth is stunned for this round.

HP 55/58

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Meridith pushes past Timmins after hearing Aureus howl. She sets her crossbow and fires and the cultist leader while standing next to Caerth. The bolt flies true and sinks into the man's side. "I'll cover you," she says to Caerth, not realizing his state.

OOC: Meridith: Light Crossbow > 1d20+6=23 (hit), Damage > 1d8=4

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Quinten sees both Caerth and Phar succumb to the sound burst and he balks. Timmins curses quietly and nods to Gareth. The two old warriors move into the corridor in unison. Gareth takes the lead into the corridor; he comes to a stop next to Maur and fires his crossbow at the lead cultist but the man blocks it with his shield. Timmins enters the fray and charges the cultist next to the leader. His blade finds the mark but it barely makes a scratch.

OOC: Gareth: Light Crossbow > 1d20+5=15 (miss)
Timmins: Longsword (w/charge [+2 to hit, -2 AC]) > 1d20+9=19 (hit), Damage > 1d8+1=2

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
AC: 20 (due to charge)
HP: 75/75

Maur comes out, calls out...
"Nu, villains. Heave to!"
... and charges out

The crunch of his weapon meeting the foremost cultist echoes in the cavern.

Charge and attack if he can move far enough
Charge; damage: 1D20+15 = [9]+15 = 24; 1D8+7 = [7]+7 = 14

Just move and cast bless, ready an attack if he cannot charge
The cultist is completely unprepared for the onslaught. Maur's warhammer dents the man's shield and batters his arm and shoulder. His eyes go wide and he shouts to the others. "Get up here and protect me!"

"Protect yourself," one of the healers mocks. "If you die, one of us will take your place."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Quinten finally gets his head on straight and he exits the room into the corridor. He takes up a position behind the others and takes aim with his bow, making sure not to hit Timmins or Maur. His shot goes high and breaks on the stone ceiling.

Brutus follows Timmins lead and moves towards the cultists. He notes that there isn't room for him in the fray, so he stops short to throw his spear at one of the cultists closer to the stairs. However, he misjudges his footing and falls down on the stone floor. His spear snaps in half against the corridor wall.

Wieland follows Quinten's lead with nearly the same results. His bow shot comes closer but still skids along the stone wall next to Maur and the lead cultist.

Quinn unfurls his spiked chain and rushes into the corridor. He takes up a position behind Timmins and slashes over his allies head at the cultist in front of him. The chain slices past the man's shield and clips the cultist's chest. The spikes dent in the foe's armor.

OOC: Quinten: Shortbow (-4 for firing into melee) > 1d20+4=10 (miss)
Brutus: Spear (thrown) > 1d20+7=8 (miss) 🤦‍♂️
Wieland: Shortbow (-4 for firing into melee) > 1d20+3=16 (miss)
Quinn: Spiked chain > 1d20+15=21 (hit), Damage > 2d4+7=10

End of Round One

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Aureus's ears finally stop ringing. She rights herself and decides to retreat back to where Maur had been standing a moment ago. She readies her composite longbow and takes aim at the cultist leader, hoping that if he falls the others might retreat. She aims carefully, so that she doesn't hit Maur. She misjudges the moisture on her fingers and the bow slips from her hands onto the floor and the arrow snaps in half. She curses her bad luck.

The cultist leader casts on the defensive, trying to keep Maur off him, but he misjudges his words and the spell fizzles. He steps back five feet from the dwarf, clearly rattled. The other cultist next to him slams his mace against Timmins shoulder, jarring the old warrior's bones.

"You will fall!" He boasts.

The cultists behind the others all cast spells. The first utters a bane spell. The second utters a cause fear spell targeting Maur (who is immune). The third heals himself.

OOC: Round Two
Aureus:
Composite Longbow (-4 for firing into melee) > 1d20+9=10 (miss) 🤦‍♂️ :rolleyes:
Cultist Leader: Casts Inflict Moderate Wounds on Maur (defensively) -- Concentration check [DC 17] > 1d20+6=10 (fails, loses spell)
Cultist fighting Timmins: Heavy Mace > 1d20+4=20 (hit), Damage > 1d8+1=8
Cultist: Bane > All within 50 ft. (-1 to attacks, -1 vs. fear effects) | Will save negates (DC 14)
Cultist: Cause Fear vs. Maur > Maur is immune since he has more than 6 HD.
Cultist: Cure Moderate Wounds > 2d8+4=11

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: And once again, I cannot fail DC 14 (but rolled 29 anyway) - should I roll? Does 1 always fail for saves?
AC: 24 (no charge penalties and +2 from not moving this round)
HP: 75/75

As Maur stops at the end of his charge and settles in the battle stance, the plates of his armor slide and click, locking their edges and closing small openings normally left between the plates.

He swings the hammer twice, connecting once and undoing any healing the patrol leader received.
"You lot, run away before my companions wake up. You cannot harm me. Nu! Run!"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Caerth growls as his ears stop ringing enough to focus again, and the half-orc's concentration is enough to prevent the bane spell from taking hold of him.

Narrowing his eyes, the druid mutters a few sylvan words and motions for a creature from the very earth itself to come forward, preferably behind the cultists of an evil air demon.

OOC: Will save: 1D20+9 = [14]+9 = 23 (saved)

Spontanious casting Summon Nature's Ally IV (instead of Scrying) in order to summon a medium earth elemental behind the cultists.

HP 55/58

Spells prepared:
Level 0: (6) create water (x2), detect magic, detect poison, purify food and drink, read magic
Level 1: (5) cure light wounds (x2), entangle, speak with animals, obscuring mist
Level 2: (4) lesser restoration, barkskin, gust of wind, warp wood
Level 3: (4) call lightning, cure moderate wounds, plant growth, dominate animal
Level 4: (3) scrying, ice storm {I guess I prepared 1 too few of level 4. So I'll add another version or ice storm}

Remove ads