Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Eutharic was worried, at first, that the entangling vines were going to choke his master to death, but he can see that the fungus encrusted vined are only holding Galzadar motionless, not that it matters while the shadowstar elf is stunned from the effects of the curse placed on him by Vok. The tiny quasit is quickly getting bored; he knows he should stay and keep an eye on Galzadar but he just can't stay focused. His chaotic nature gets the better of him and he flies down to where Phar is standing.

Henry sees him coming and warns the paragon elf. "The demon is attacking!"

"Whoa, wait! I'm not attacking attacking anyone! I want to help!" Eutharic shouts back. "I swear on my master's life! Is that ugly undead bastard dead yet?"

"What can you do that they cannot?" Henry snaps as he motions towards the crevasse.

Eutharic lands next to the edge and peers down through the darkness. "Why did they go down there?" He pauses. "Oh , I know that spell. Yes, he likes to use it when overwhelmed. When desperate. And the blades too." The tiny demon pauses as he tries to see through the magical gloom. "Has he sprouted his magical spider legs yet?" He asks Phar. "If he does, he'll be able to climb back up here. You can't let him do that."

"Spider legs?" Henry asks.

"It's a spell."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bracing himself for the razorsharp blades whirling around Tarrack, Caerth flaps his batlike wings in order to grab the ghast lord. Only having eyes for his enemy, the druid nevertheless calls out to his friend Screech.

"Fly to Carnell to investigate!" he orders the owl. It hoots once and then flies off towards the entrance of the cave.

OOC: Grapple attempt.

Step 1: Attack of Opportunity from Tarrack. If it hits and deals damage, the grapple fails.
Step 2: Melee touch attack: 1D20+10 = [9]+10 = 19
(I think if that fails, I can make my second attack according to my BAB, but I'm not sure?)
Step 3: Opposed grapple check: 1D20+10 = [6]+10 = 16

So it depends on how the DM rolls for Steps 1 and 3 whether it succeeds.

HP 30/58

Stats:
Ghoul Fever (Su): Disease—bite, Fortitude DC 12, incubation period 1 day, damage 1d3 Con and 1d3 Dex.

AC 19
HP 30/58
Fort 10, Ref 7, Will 10
Speed 20 (medium armor)
Base attack: +6/+1
Melee attack: +13/+8 spear +1 (twohanded, damage 1d8+8, crit x3)
Melee attack: +13/+8 Kang (magical dagger, damage 1d4+6, crit 19-20/x2, thrown 10ft)
Ranged attack: +12 composite longbow +1 (+4 str bonus) (damage 1d8+6, crit x3)
Note: Extra 2d6 damage on charge attacks (wild rhino hide); power attack means up to BAB penalty to attack and same amount bonus on damage

Level 0 (6): create water, create water, detect magic, detect poison, purify food and drink, read magic
Level 1 (5): cure light wounds, entangle, magic fang, obscuring mist, speak with animals
Level 2 (5): flaming sphere, lesser restoration, mass snake’s swiftness, master air, summon swarm
Level 3 (4): giant’s wrath, snare, remove disease, spirit jaws
Level 4 (2): spike stones, ice storm
Level 5 (1): baleful polymorph

Wild Shapes 1/3
HP: 31/32
AC 22
Fort 6, Ref 10, Will 5
Speed: 10 feet, fly 40 feet (average)
Base attack: +5
Melee attack: +11/+9 talons (multiattack, 1d4, distracting attack)
Special attacks: Flyby Attack, multiattack
Special qualities: low-light vision, link, share spells, evasion, devotion, multiattack
Skills: Listen +15, Move silently +20, Spot +8 (in shadows +16) (not sure if these numbers are correct... haven't adjusted for level-up)
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Toughness (racial sub level 1), Flyby Attack, Distracting Attack
Tricks known (max 10): Attack (all creatures, counts as 2 tricks), Come, Down, Fetch, Seek, Stay, Work, Defend, Heel

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Bracing himself for the razorsharp blades whirling around Tarrack, Caerth flaps his batlike wings in order to grab the ghast lord. Only having eyes for his enemy, the druid nevertheless calls out to his friend Screech.

"Fly to Carnell to investigate!" he orders the owl. It hoots once and then flies off towards the entrance of the cave.

OOC: Grapple attempt.

Step 1: Attack of Opportunity from Tarrack. If it hits and deals damage, the grapple fails.
Step 2: Melee touch attack: 1D20+10 = [9]+10 = 19
(I think if that fails, I can make my second attack according to my BAB, but I'm not sure?)
Step 3: Opposed grapple check: 1D20+10 = [6]+10 = 16

So it depends on how the DM rolls for Steps 1 and 3 whether it succeeds.
Tarrak turns out to be a tougher opponent to surprise by trying to grab ahold of the ghast lord. He slashes out at Caerth with Spinereaver and cuts a deep wound in the half-orc druid's chest.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Maur knows he should retreat, but having the enemy so close and also close to death! If only he could strike a decisive blow or two! He attacks with a perfect imitation of the last move, but this time he accounts for the swirling shadows and a solid thump echoes from the wall behind Tarrak

No retreat, max damage (18) - now I'm sorry I did't use that spell for +4 to damage instead of +4 DR :)
Full attack on Tarrak: 1D20+16 = [14]+16 = 30
1D8+10 = [8]+10 = 18
1D100 = [42] = 42
1D20+11 = [7]+11 = 18
1D8+10 = [2]+10 = 12
1D100 = [7] = 7

OOC: I edited the last post, but it may be useless, and Maur might know it is useless and wouldn't do it. Or it might simply be forbidden as a retcon :( See OOC post

AC 33/20/33 vs Tarrak, Crisenth, Phre and other chaotic enemies
Current AC: 30/17/30 while immobile

+4 deflection against the chaotic due shield of law
AC 33/20/33 vs Tarrak, Crisenth, Phre and other chaotic enemies

When moving: lower all AC numbers by 2

Smites: 0/6

HP 31/81
Saves:

+3 vs poisons, spells, and spell-like abilities
+1 vs evil creatures (vestments))
Fortitude: +8+3+1+2(heroism)+3 (recitation) = 17
Reflex
: +2+0+1 +2 (heroism)+3 (recitation) = 8
Will
: +8+4+1 +2 (heroism)+3 (recitation) = 18
+3 from shield of law

+2 alchemical silvered warhammer of disruption with heroism
Attack: +16/+11 (undead Will DC 14 on hit or be destroyed)
Damage: 1d8+8+2 (heroism)+2 (fist of the gods+2 until round 24)
Critical: 20/x3

Active spells:
14 hours Consecrate gives -1 penalty on attack rolls, damage rolls, and saves to undead
the area covers front barricades and 30' beyond (20' radius burst cast just beyond barricades)
Consecrate gives +3 to turning check

70 minutes Mass Conviction gives EVERYONE +3 MORALE bonus on saving throws
(cast while speeches were given so everyone should be inside the radius except maybe for the scouts)

Shield of Law
SR 25 vs chaotic creatures, +4 deflection AC; chaotic creatures need to make will save on attack or be slowed.

Turn undead
Check: 1d20+1 (cha) +2 (religion bonus)
HD turned 2d6+9 (level)+1 (cha) +1 (ephod od authority)

Smite: +1 (cha) to hit / +10 (effective turning level)

Spells
6/6 Amanuensis, Create Water, Detect Magic x3, Purify Food
1/5 Bless x2, Foundation of Stone, Hide from Undead, Lesser Holy Transformation, Animate Rope (D)
2/3 Consecrate, Ghosttouch armor, Remove Paralysis, Spiritual Weapon (D)
0/3 Holy Storm, Mass Conviction (+3), Downdraft, Stone shape (D)
0/2 Celestial Brilliance, Recitation, Spike Stones(D)

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The ring of blades slice into both Caerth and Maur once again. At the same time, the unholy energy from the damning darkness also burns Caerth once more. The half-orc druid falls out of the air and lands on the floor of the crevasse.

Tarrak relies on the two spells to hurt his foes while he casts another inflict spell on himself to shore up his damaged body. He manages to get his spell off despite Maur and Quinn still menacing him. He glances at Caerth and then turns and laughs at Maur. "Death will take you all and I will feast on your flesh."

"Caerth, no!" Aureus calls out. She takes aim at Tarrak more and fires two more shots, but she just can't find the mark through so many bodies and the damning darkness. "No, no, no!"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
While Sir Ghal cannot see the half-orc druid fall, he hears Aureus call out Caerth's name. They need to take down the ghast lord quickly. He knows the darkness will hurt him badly but he cannot just stand by while others suffer. He rushes into the darkness and is soon standing next to Maur, risking the ring of blades, while Quinn flies above him just beyond Tarrak's deadly bane blade. Even with the enhanced speed from his boots, he cannot traverse the distance over the rough terrain and attack the ghast lord as well.

The unholy energy burns his skin but he grits and bares it. Tarrak must fall even if it cost him his life. "Sir Quinn, try to help Caerth. Maur and I will try to keep this bastard off you!"

OOC:
Damning Darkness extra unholy damage vs. Sir Ghal: 1D6 = [4] = 4
That's a total of 9 damage to Sir Ghal. He is now standing next to Maur. Caerth is lying on the ground on the other side of the ordained champion.

Remove ads