Kulan: Knightfall's Shackled City Legacy PbP Game [IC] (Game Cancelled)

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Minister Knobel said:
Minister Knobel stands and looks up at the massive statue of Jalivier. "I have communed with Jalivier, seeking His guidance, as well as having a priest of Cull cast legend lore for me. The cryptic reply he got was thus, 'Seek them in the house of scholars and in the broken remains of the caldera'." He turns and looks at Kane. "The first is obviously the city library but the second might refer to any part of Cauldron City. While it likely refers to the southeast part of the city, legend lore is never a straightforward spell."

Kane quietly considers the Minister's words.

"I would think that your instinct about the SE section is correct; and in fact, there are the Rhiavadi Ruins right here, within short walking distance. That will be one of the first areas I look at, after finding Bravec, and recruiting a few others to help. I might be young, but I am wise enough to know that I should not investigate these matters alone."

And with that, Kane bids the Minister farewell, and activates his hat of disguise; he knows that if something is wrong inside the temple, then it would not do to allow himself to be seen leaving, especially alone. Someone watching would know that something was amiss.

The disguise that Kane chooses is a simple one; he appears to be a middle-aged commoner with a medium-length beard, wearing brown and beige robes, carrying a large, over-stuffed backpack; his spear, which is on his back in its leather rigging, appears to be a shovel. Kane knows that many commoners are too poor to afford their own place to live, and therefore, they end up carrying all that they own on their backs, including the tools they use to ply their trade. For this reason, many temples have "mud rooms," or at the very least, small, stone patios where commoners can leave their belongings while attending mass inside the temple.

OOC:

Verified Roll For Disguise Check

Result = 31, Kane is happy with how his disguise looks!

Kane then steps out the back side of the Sanctuary, into the morning air, letting the sun bathe him for a moment in its warmth, before starting off down the western branch of Lava Avenue, following the circular road in a clock-wise fashion, first West, then North, and finally East, headed to Lake Park, the largest copse of trees in the city, and the most likely location to find an urban Druid.

Scotley

Hero
Bravec takes the warm pie with smile and accepts the kiss with a twinkle in his eye. "Ah Krista that smells divine. I would let you cook for me full time, but I'd be big as the Lord Mayor's palace by winter." He observes with a wink and a grin. At her mention of Vilmar Sorison his brow wrinkles. "Ah indeed, I do owe that one a good turn." He looks up at the sky. "It does seem a rather good day for fishing doesn't it? Perhaps one more kiss for luck?" He asks offering the other cheek before strolling away toward the docks with the little wagon in tow. He has to give a firm tug as the wagon seems to want to linger around Krista for a bit. "Come along squeaks."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Doriin looked up from his research, the excitement of his discovery still fresh on his face, "Tondbeorth you're too kind. I hope one day I can repay your kindness." he then jots a few notes in a journal, picks up his things, and exits out the back and into the dawn.
Dorin knows that Wisym will come up Obsidian Avenue from the south side of the city, so he heads along the back side of the library's archive building and then once he is sure that the man is not anywhere in sight, he quickly cuts across the avenue and through the fine establishments that lead to the corner of Volcano Street and Magma Avenue. He soon mixes into the growing crowds of the morning.

With his newfound knowledge, he is eager to tell someone. But who? He'd pestered Miss Skie to death about the Order, and the lord mayor in particular, about the subject. She knew them well, but is always a bit coy about how much she knows about them. They had relied on her a lot during the Cagewright Invasion. Skie liked Dorin's enthusasim but not usually during business hours. Still, her shop was just to the south on Traders' Way.

There was Myles Wrightsson, of course. He isn't Dorin's best friend, by any means, but they had grown up together. Well, sort of. Myles will be busy sorting and cleaning this morning's catch at Rellec's Fish Market. Messy and smelly work. It is probably best to tell him later, if at all. Myles isn't as keen on the city's magical history as Dorin, and he has no taste for adventure.

Dorin knows there isn't any point going near the Lord Mayor's Residence. The guards stationed there know his face, and he'd been caught once too often trying to sneak into the compound. Lord Mayor Grofus not spending much time there hasn't made the guards lax in their duties. In fact, they seem even more determined to keep people out. Either that, or the rumors are true, and they are trying to keep something dangerous inside the walled estate!

Half way down Magma Avenue towards the corner with Traders' Way, he realizes that there might be someone else who might be interested in what he's learned in the library. It is a long way to The Elfbridge and across to Elvin House, but he knows that Oleander will, at the very least, listen to him and give an honest opinion. The elf was 'sort of a friend' yet more like an acquaintance with similar interests.

Dorin soon finds himself outside the shop called Skie's Treasury. Maybe the aging halfling woman will listen this time? At the very least, he can look around her shop for any new magical trinkets to barter for. Dorin had tried to nick a pair of gloves* in the shop when he was very young, and Skie had easily caught him. Instead of sending him to be punished by the guards, she let him have the gloves and made him work off the debt.

And she'd taught his a few magical secrets as well.

OOC: *He had though they were magical, but they were simply fine leather gloves of masterwork quality.

Kane quietly considers the Minister's words.

"I would think that your instinct about the SE section is correct; and in fact, there are the Rhiavadi Ruins right here, within short walking distance. That will be one of the first areas I look at, after finding Bravec, and recruiting a few others to help. I might be young, but I am wise enough to know that I should not investigate these matters alone."
"While Master Argo investigated those ruins himself, you should be very careful if you go in there. And make sure you get Commander Shötte's permission first otherwise, the Silver Guardians will haul you all off to the Diamond Fortress.

"Jalivier watch over you, Quaen Horuk Rah."

And with that, Kane bids the Minister farewell, and activates his hat of disguise; he knows that if something is wrong inside the temple, then it would not do to allow himself to be seen leaving, especially alone. Someone watching would know that something was amiss.

The disguise that Kane chooses is a simple one; he appears to be a middle-aged commoner with a medium-length beard, wearing brown and beige robes, carrying a large, over-stuffed backpack; his spear, which is on his back in its leather rigging, appears to be a shovel. Kane knows that many commoners are too poor to afford their own place to live, and therefore, they end up carrying all that they own on their backs, including the tools they use to ply their trade. For this reason, many temples have "mud rooms," or at the very least, small, stone patios where commoners can leave their belongings while attending mass inside the temple.

Kane then steps out the back side of the Sanctuary, into the morning air, letting the sun bathe him for a moment in its warmth, before starting off down the western branch of Lava Avenue, following the circular road in a clock-wise fashion, first West, then North, and finally East, headed to Lake Park, the largest copse of trees in the city, and the most likely location to find an urban Druid.
It isn't long before the distractions of the morning slow his progress around the city. There are the sounds of merriment coming from Kitts' Lane, as the kitts' Shouting roars to life for the fourteenth morning in a row. Several of the young cubs spill out onto Lava Avenue causing all sorts of mischief before being shooed away — with some guffaws — by the Silver Guardians. Soon after that is the hustle and bustle of the Farmers Market that surrounds the entire block north of Tent Street. Several vendors try to sell him vegetables. It is a little quieter in between the corners of Tower Street and Traders' Way. He avoids the edge of the first, along with the Blue Tower, which tends to cause magical effects to fail or act unpredictably.

It is at the second corner that he sees two people he knows. The first is Sarra Loydan, a former acolyte of the High Sun Sanctuary who was pulled out of the faith by her family, after they decided she wasn't being given her due by Minister Knobel. Now, her family has chosen to try to marry her off — an arrangement that she is milking for all it's worth. She's quickly become one the most eligible demoiselles in the city.

The second is a man named Dorin who he met for the first time a half-a-year ago while walking through the Groves of the Bloodsun. He is an intelligent man who is a bit obsessed with the Order's history, especially when it comes to Lord Mayor Grofus. He seems to be in deep thought as heads down Traders' Way and stops in front of Cauldron's most famous adventuring shop, Skies' Treasury. Kane knows Skie well as she and Minister Knobel are old friends.

"Yoo hoo," a feminine voice calls out. He turns to see Sarra accost a young nobleman that Kane knows she fancies. Kane is glad he has his disguise up.

Bravec takes the warm pie with smile and accepts the kiss with a twinkle in his eye. "Ah Krista that smells divine. I would let you cook for me full time, but I'd be big as the Lord Mayor's palace by winter." He observes with a wink and a grin. At her mention of Vilmar Sorison his brow wrinkles. "Ah indeed, I do owe that one a good turn." He looks up at the sky. "It does seem a rather good day for fishing doesn't it? Perhaps one more kiss for luck?" He asks offering the other cheek before strolling away toward the docks with the little wagon in tow. He has to give a firm tug as the wagon seems to want to linger around Krista for a bit. "Come along squeaks."
Krista blushes and then grabs and smooches Bravec on the lips with vigor. Several nearby onlookers laugh and then those same giggly girls gasp in surprise. They blush and look away while laughing even louder. Krista pulls away and then swoons over the young druid, as he walks away a little awkwardly.

The little wagon squeaks a low whistle as Bravec pulls it along. The urban druid's mind wanders back to Krista as he makes his way back along Sundered Road to Ash Avenue and then northwest towards Vilmar's shop. He hadn't expected Krista to kiss him like that! It takes a lot to fluster him, but he could feel his ears burning. He must be quite the sight pulling Squeaks along in haste behind him.

Once at the front door of Sorison's Sail's, Bravec is quick to open and then close the door behind him. Squeaks has to move quickly to keep the door from hitting its back wheels. The smell of sailcloth calms the urban druid's mind long enough to steady his breath and focus on his surroundings. Luckily, the shop is empty except for Vilmar Sorison who gives the young urban druid an odd look.

"Bravec, my boy, what is with that look on your face? You're as red as a potato beet."

The little wagon rushes out of Bravec's grasp and rushes up to Vilmar, tapping the man's leg gently with his handle.

"Hello, you," Vilmar says to the animated object. "What has your friend so befuddled, hmm?" The sailmaker bends over and pats the wagon's tires. The wagon shimmies and Krista's smooth pebble slides back and forth. "That's a pretty stone. Oh, I see. You two have been to see Krista this morning." Vilmar looks at Bravec with a smile. "And what did she give you?"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Brother Pi hesitates. The garden marketplace is a good place to spend a few hours on this fine day, but the dwarf remembers his promise to Master Hassan. Find an apprentice, and do good whenever you can.

So would the dwarven ninja find more possible students amidst the market stalls, or elsewhere? It was impossible to tell.

With a sigh, Brother Pi starts moving again, apparently having made a decision.

He stops again, however, when he hears the Eastern Baaracks guards drilling. On impulse, the dwarf moves to the Obsidian Marketplace, trying to see if any of the merchants are in need of a chat.

Scotley

Hero
Bravec starts to say something about a brisk walk this morning, but stumbles as the sail-maker guesses where he's been. "Ah um yes, Krista has quite a zest for life, the meat pies she made this morning were quite spicy." He moves quickly to change the subject. "I guess that had me thinking of water. I believe I owe you a bit of fishing. Looks to be a fine day for it. Have you talked to any of the local fishermen? Are the fish biting today?"

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The DM said:
...The second is a man named Dorin who he met for the first time a half-a-year ago while walking through the Groves of the Bloodsun. He is an intelligent man who is a bit obsessed with the Order's history, especially when it comes to Lord Mayor Grofus. He seems to be in deep thought as heads down Traders' Way and stops in front of Cauldron's most famous adventuring shop, Skies' Treasury. Kane knows Skie well, as she and Minister Knobel are old friends.

Kane ambles over to Dorin, catching him before he can actually enter the shop; "Pardon me, Master Dorin, do you have a moment to speak with a poor ditch digger?"

Last edited:

Thateous

Explorer
Dorin's thoughts about entering the shop amd messing with the aging halfling are cut short when someone addresses him. "Poor ditch digger?" he says curiously while looking them over. "Wait, don't I know you? Well maybe I don't know know you, but I'm sure we've crossed paths once or twice."

Sent from my SM-G955U using EN World mobile app

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Brother Pi hesitates. The garden marketplace is a good place to spend a few hours on this fine day, but the dwarf remembers his promise to Master Hassan. Find an apprentice, and do good whenever you can.

So would the dwarven ninja find more possible students amidst the market stalls, or elsewhere? It was impossible to tell.

With a sigh, Brother Pi starts moving again, apparently having made a decision.

He stops again, however, when he hears the Eastern Baaracks guards drilling. On impulse, the dwarf moves to the Obsidian Marketplace, trying to see if any of the merchants are in need of a chat.
Pi finds his way to Obsidian Avenue through Coin Street and wide alleyway. The Obsidian Marketplace is one of busiest in the city, but usually more in late afternoon. Right now, the number of patrons is sparse. As Pi makes his way through around the tents of the marketplace he hears many of the vendors complaining about not only the noise fromthe barracks, but also an issue that has cropped up around the city. Well, that's the rumor that Pi has heard.

"It was a horrible mess," a cloth vendor complains. "Someone scrawled horrible markings on my shop. It was done with blood and offal."

"Oh, that's digusting," a noblewoman replies in shock. "And no one knows who is doing it?"

"The guards think it might have been a new gang of toughs, but no one has been able to track them down. If it is rascals, they are making life miserable. I heard that this has happened elsewhere in the city."

Bravec starts to say something about a brisk walk this morning, but stumbles as the sail-maker guesses where he's been. "Ah um yes, Krista has quite a zest for life, the meat pies she made this morning were quite spicy." He moves quickly to change the subject. "I guess that had me thinking of water. I believe I owe you a bit of fishing. Looks to be a fine day for it. Have you talked to any of the local fishermen? Are the fish biting today?"
"The fishing hasn't been very good lately. Something seems to have them spooked. I'm not sure what it could be but I have bigger problems to worry about," Vilmar replies. He holds up a fishing net that has cut to sheds. "Someone seems to be trying to sabotage my business. This is just one several nets a sails that were ruined. They broke int my storage shed and did this and cut up my best sails." The sailmaker shakes his head. "And they peed everywhere and scrawled weird markings in some sort of slimy goo."

He looks at Bravec. "Forget the fishing you owe me. I need you to find out who did this and bring them to justice!"

Kane ambles over to Dorin, catching him before he can actually enter the shop; "Pardon me, Master Dorin, do you have a moment to speak with a poor ditch digger for just a moment?"
Dorin's thoughts about entering the shop amd messing with the aging halfling are cut short when someone addresses him. "Poor ditch digger?" he says curiously while looking them over. "Wait, don't I know you? Well maybe I don't know know you, but I'm sure we've crossed paths once or twice."
OOC: Thateous, note that T.H.'s PC is in disguise, so he doesn't look like Kane.

Thateous

Explorer
"Yea I remember you. Here have a coin my good man." he says with a smile, handing the man a silver piece. As he's about to walk in he stops. "Wait you wanted to talk to me."
OOC: An easy fix.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Kane says, in a low whisper: "I'm no ordinary ditch digger, sir. We met about 6 months ago, remember? In the Groves of the Bloodsun?" Kane chuckles, and adds, in an even lower, more quiet, whispered tone, "It is I, Kane Horuk Rah, Servant of the Light, albeit in disguise. There is an indoor / outdoor ale house nearby; care to have a drink with me on the patio? They won't let me inside unless I leave my shovel and pack outside. And since my shovel and pack are not real, I cannot meet such a requirement!" Kane chuckles again, snickering a little at his own cleverness.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases