D&D 5E L&L 1/7/2013 The Many Worlds of D&D

Hutchimus Prime

Adventurer
Personally, I'm still waiting to find out how I can "participate in the various events tied to the Sundering" and how I "too can play a part in reshaping the future of the Realms."

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I think the opposite, 3rd Ed is very easy to add whole new systems (Incarnum, Psionics, Pact, ToB, etc) and classes, etc, to make a new 4th Ed class is not that easy.

I think such systems are add-able to 4e, it's just that some of the higher-level design decisions meant that we never actually saw that possibility realized. Less about the system, more about the management of the game.

THe big draw of 5th Ed for me is ease of converting, porting over, tinkering, best chassis yet.

I'm looking forward to that, too, but at the moment the chassis is in such flux that I'm not sure I can do anything non-standard with it...yet. :)

Weather Report

Banned
Banned
1) I think such systems are add-able to 4e, it's just that some of the higher-level design decisions meant that we never actually saw that possibility realized. Less about the system, more about the management of the game.

2) I'm looking forward to that, too, but at the moment the chassis is in such flux that I'm not sure I can do anything non-standard with it...yet. :)

1) I think a 4.5 could take care of that.

2) The chassis is done, and elegant, they will bump and lower a few numbers here or there, but the core is finished, and I dig it.

Remove ads