L4W Discussion Thread IV

Kalidrev

First Post
Also, as a note: THIS DM has the PHB 3 ^_^ I picked it up this weekend and so far, I'm pretty darned happy with it, other than the fact that EVERY single monk attack is an implement power and that many of them are against fortitude, which means (at least in my eyes) a hit to accuracy. Which I may still ignore and make one anyway, lol. Either that or a battlemind (and if I play in another of Ren's games, would be the 3rd defender I have in one of his games, lol).

Wik

First Post
Also, as a note: THIS DM has the PHB 3 ^_^ I picked it up this weekend and so far, I'm pretty darned happy with it, other than the fact that EVERY single monk attack is an implement power and that many of them are against fortitude, which means (at least in my eyes) a hit to accuracy. Which I may still ignore and make one anyway, lol. Either that or a battlemind (and if I play in another of Ren's games, would be the 3rd defender I have in one of his games, lol).

Meh. I picked it up yesterday, and can't say I'm super impressed. The psion looks like it'll be kind of fun, and the runepriest is a neat idea... but I can't really see any of the new classes being something I'd be playing any time soon.

Do like the Seeker, though - a controller that doesn't really focus on area attacks, but instead single target debuffs! Woot! Not something I'd want to play, but definitely something I wouldn't mind having on my side of the fight.

Still have no idea how the Hybrid Talent feat works - can you take it multiple times... one for each class? The rules suggest you CAN take the feat multiple times, but maybe they only mean if you paragon multiclass? Kinda lost in that respect.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Normally, you can only take Hybrid Talent once. If you don't take a paragon path, you gain the feat for free. If you already have Hybrid Talent upon reaching paragon level, you gain the feat a second time. That is the only way you can have the feat twice. So says the Character Builder.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Ok, so I'm thinking about DMing but I'm not sure exactly who I'm supposed to contact with a proposed adventure. I read through the DM section of the charter and saw a proposal should be submitted to a judge, but how does one do that? Private message with the whole contents of the adventure?

In an unrelated note, I had an idea for my next character and it involves a religious organization that doesn't exist in this game. Is this the place where I'd discuss it or would I make a proposal thread?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ok, so I'm thinking about DMing but I'm not sure exactly who I'm supposed to contact with a proposed adventure. I read through the DM section of the charter and saw a proposal should be submitted to a judge, but how does one do that? Private message with the whole contents of the adventure?
Send them email (same email as for character approvals). There is also an upcoming adventure's thread you can chat on.

BenBrown

First Post

I attached mine as a PDF, and just put basic notes in the actual e-mail.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Ah, cool, thanks guys.

So, what about the religious order thing? It seems especially important for divine characters since the god/demi-god/entity/entities you worship determine your domains which determine which Channel Divinities and Domain feats are available.

Most of the gods pre-made in the Character Builder have 2-3 specific domains while the gods here have a big pile each. I got that you can pick one Channel Divinity, but how do you know which Domain feats can be used?

So, I guess questions are:

1) How do you know which domain feats you can take?

2) If I wanted to create a religious order that worshiped, say, the Three Fates, how would I go about doing that, determining domains for said fates, doctrines of the order, etc so my next character could be part of that order?

Thanks everyone!

Edit: Found a partial answer to my domain feat question elsewhere and so removed the parts of my question that talked about that part of it.

Last edited:

elecgraystone

First Post
Normally, you can only take Hybrid Talent once. If you don't take a paragon path, you gain the feat for free. If you already have Hybrid Talent upon reaching paragon level, you gain the feat a second time. That is the only way you can have the feat twice. So says the Character Builder.
While I'm pretty sure it works like you said, I don't think I don't think saying what CB does makes it true. If so, winged horde now doesn't do anything now. ;)

EDIT: I see they DID update the wording for the feat, adding the special line to it in the CB. They made their stealth check and got that one past me. :p So yes, it works exactly as TwoHeads Barking has said.

Last edited:

Remove ads