• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L4W Discussion Thread IV

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
I've just added you to my personal cue Mal. You're number 3. I didn't even see you because you're sheet says Approved_Characters instead of Requesting_Approval

Eternal54

First Post
Hello everyone.

Just curious as to how long it usually takes for a L4W character to become approved. I just submitted him last night so I have not been waiting or anything, just wanted to see if there is a typical wait time. Thanks!

Velmont

First Post
It might take some time (some have waited a month), but L4W rules tell you can go into the tavern with an unapproved character. You can even join a game if the DM is willing to take you (and I have never seen one refusing unapproved character).

The only thing: you cannot receive XP if you are not approved, which means you need to be approved by the time you get your first XP award. You'll get your XP even if the XP was for an encounter you did while you were not approved at that moment.

Welcome onboard!

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Yup. I can also confirm for you that I saw the email and you have been added to my cue.

EDIT: Also, and this to everyone, with all the new characters and adventures getting out and starting, don't forget to update your Character Status. I know I forgot to.

Last edited:

Eternal54

First Post
Awesome! Not the having to wait a month, but that I can join a game pre-aproval. Although I can see why the process would take so long, I found it somewhat of a challenge to put the information together, I can't imagine having to comb through it for any mistakes when I dont know the character.

Scorpius, thank you for confirming the arrival of my submition. I was a little worried I didn't do it right.

Velmont

First Post
Yeah, but most judge have the character generator, and that help greatly. But all judge do it for free, without any reward except that L4W is growing and become a more interesting place to be. That's why there is some backlog, but I must tell renau1g is doing a huge work at the moment, as I think all approved character lately have him as one of the approval.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
10 according to the last update of the charter. Activity varies based on personal commitments of course.

Look, at the time, gotta go. ANatO will be updated this evening, if my players are wondering.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads