• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L5R gaijin cultures

jollyninja

First Post
anyone know where i can get more information on the cultures outside rokugan? my players got themselves exiled and i kind of need some quick and dirty info and maps. novels, game products (don't care what system, i just want the background info) anything?

Soul

First Post
Swashbuckling Adventures/7th Sea. Its hard to say if the timelines run concurrent though. In the canon a permenant wall of fire surounds rokugan seperating it from the rest of Theah, however its evident that there is a way around it by the unicorn, etc..

Dark Psion

First Post
Unfortunatly the Way of the Gaijin is the one book we have yet to see from AEG.
Most of what we know is from the original L5R books and there is only some details in the D20 books.

The Burning Sands region does get some mention in the Unicorn books. It is the one region that has been mentioned the most and it had its own CCG for a while. This land also gets a mention in the Way of the Naga and the Merchants Guide to Rokugan (which is NOT a book on the Kolat ;) ), both L5R.

We know the Battle of the White Stag was against Gaijin and their Zombies did return with the Shadowland army, but their homeland has not been explored. The Turtle clan has maintained contact and trade with these Gaijin. (See Way of the Minor Clans L5R)

In the City of Lies: Ryoko Owari (L5R version) there is Magda, a woman of Norse-like descent who joined an Unicorn caravan that brought her to Rokugan. So there is a Norse culture near enougth for caravans to reach. She tells many tales of her travels, but like Marco Polo, not all of them are acurate.

Last edited:

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Soul said:
Swashbuckling Adventures/7th Sea. Its hard to say if the timelines run concurrent though. In the canon a permenant wall of fire surounds rokugan seperating it from the rest of Theah, however its evident that there is a way around it by the unicorn, etc..

Same systems, different worlds. AEG did come out with a book fpr what lies beyond the wall of fire - Cathay: Jewel of the East.

I play 7th Sea, boy, was I sorry when they ended the line.

The Auld Grump, who wishes that the URL button worked with Firefox...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads