D&D 4E Lack of interst in posting since 4e announcement?

FickleGM

Explorer
I just want to know if CrazyTroll and Grognard5 are both played by diaglo... ;)

My posting habits have always been erratic around here, except for GenCon planning.

jester47

First Post
Garnfellows post needs to be crossposted at the Wizards boards or Gleemax or whatever they call it right now.

All in all I don't think there is enough information out about 4e to really answer the questions people have about it. In other words, to quote a computer from a great scifi story:

INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER.

Basicly, WotC has not given us enough information to get excited, so we aren't.

Kesh

First Post
My posting has probably increased slightly with the announcement of 4e. Caught my attention.

That said, I'm disturbed by the people who say they're leaving EN World because of 4e. Why? We have people here who play all editions, even non-D&D games. It's not like ENW will become "All 4e, All the Time" or anything.

Elf Witch

First Post
Kesh said:
My posting has probably increased slightly with the announcement of 4e. Caught my attention.

That said, I'm disturbed by the people who say they're leaving EN World because of 4e. Why? We have people here who play all editions, even non-D&D games. It's not like ENW will become "All 4e, All the Time" or anything.

Speaking for myself that is what I am afraid of. There has not been a lot of tolerence showed to people who question some of the things we have heard.

I have friends who still play 2E they really don't post here because they find it not to be to relevant to their games so they go elsewhere. After all a lot of people have limited time to spend on the internet so you maxamize your time by going to where the info is of the most interest to you.

Sure there will be some things here that might be of interest to people not switching but the bulk will be about 4E

mhensley

First Post
I imagine that there would be more interest in posting if wotc was actually still publishing anything worth buying right now.

johnnype

First Post
mhensley said:
I imagine that there would be more interest in posting if wotc was actually still publishing anything worth buying right now.
QFT. Have you seen the new Dungeon Survival Guide? What a titanic pile of crap that is. I understand they have to fill the catalog and production schedule but this so-called book is an embarrassment.

I've all but dropped RPG's and moved on to video games. PC games to be precise. Between WoW, Orange Box, Company of Heroes:OF and others I have plenty on my plate to keep me entertained. I still read the boards on occasion but have hardly been participating. I've dropped my subscription to Pathfinder and plan to sell off most of my d20 3.x crunch books.

CaptainChaos

First Post
Yeah, until today I hadn't posted anything in weeks. I'm curious to see 4E, but I'm not willing to follow each scrap of info and attendent thread of wild speculation.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
johnnype said:
QFT. Have you seen the new Dungeon Survival Guide? What a titanic pile of crap that is. I understand they have to fill the catalog and production schedule but this so-called book is an embarrassment.

Just out of curiosity (and OT), but what dungeons are in that one? I'm just curious if any of the "classic" B, X, CM, or M series got included in any way (like the Caves of Chaos or something). Can't seem to find any decent reviews anywhere, and WotC didn't even post a zipped Table of Contents for this one! :(

Remove ads