Lady Despina's Virtue - Continued

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Wow!

Your story is wonderful, but I had already told you this. Today I will add ypur players are wonderful too. I would love to have such a extraordinary roleplaying experience!

Vargo

First Post
Anybody else bust a gut at this line?

"So should we go to Morne, to arrange for approval?" Mostin asked brightly.
"Oh, no need for that, Mostin," Eadric replied. "As an inquisitor, I am more than qualified to release the money to you. I’ll just write you a check to draw against the temple funds."
The Alienist’s mouth dropped open in an expression of disbelief. Here was such an enormous potential for financial abuse that his mind boggled.
Then again, thought Mostin, that’s probably why he’s the paladin and I’m not.

I just about died reading that line...

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
Re: Anybody else bust a gut at this line?

Vargo said:

I just about died reading that line...

Ditto.

The Binding was fabulous. That has to be the true nightmare of every demon: Running up against those who are not even going to try and strike a bargain. Worse still, they didn't even destroy him. Not being chopped up once and for all is going to look like a real bad deal after a few hundred years.

Green Knight

First Post
Re: A Few Loose Ends...

"Do you have no goals? No aspirations? No dreams?" The succubus asked.

"No, not really," Tatterbrand confessed. "To eat, to sleep. To act when appropriate. To do as my master bids."

"But is there nothing that you desire to possess, to have?"

"Well," Tatterbrand said, as if about to divulge a great secret, "between you and me, I’ve always wanted to keep bees."

Despina arched an eyebrow. In terms of exercising dominion, it seemed a rather modest goal.

Tatterrand is, IMO, the IDEAL squire. Eadric chose WELL when he made Tatterbrand his squire. ;)

That's a load off, though. After the last post which had Despina in it in which she started talking to Tatterbrand, I thought the poor squire was done for. Sort of like that guy who was supposed to be guarding M'Lady in "The Three Musketeers", but ended up releasing her and assassinating his own master for her! Nice to see that Tatterbrand's simplicity saved his neck. Assuming Despina does have ulterior motives. Truth be told, I'm still not sure if she's being honest or if this is all a ploy on her part.

And, even in the Abyss, after long eras, the name of Rurunoth faded into memory and was finally forgotten.

Whoa! So Rurunoth was stuck down that hole FOREVER?!? Damn! When these people bury someone, they bury them where no one will EVER find them! By any chance, did your party have anything to do with Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance? ;)

"So should we go to Morne, to arrange for approval?" Mostin asked brightly.

"Oh, no need for that, Mostin," Eadric replied. "As an inquisitor, I am more than qualified to release the money to you. I’ll just write you a check to draw against the temple funds."

The Alienist’s mouth dropped open in an expression of disbelief. Here was such an enormous potential for financial abuse that his mind boggled.

Then again, thought Mostin, that’s probably why he’s the paladin and I’m not.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Thanks again for the updates, Sepulchrave. Haven't much felt like clogging up this thread with replies, but I check it on a daily basis for updates and I'm NEVER disappointed! Keep up the good work!

Out of words

I've just run out of ways to express how truly amazing this story hour is. I agree that the players are also fantastic. This is just plain awesome.

Wow, what a way to resolve the Rurunoth plot line. Such a cool little statement by Sep about his name being forgotten. The humor, the roleplaying, the power, everything! Wow.

Rashak Mani

First Post
YEAH ! Welcome back Despina... as one of the bumpers I give myself the privilege once more !!

BUMP !

Great Writing... at last someone to get the Piratecat some competition.

Jarval

Explorer
Re: A Few Loose Ends...

Sepulchrave II said:
And, even in the Abyss, after long eras, the name of Rurunoth faded into memory and was finally forgotten.

Um, wow! That is a truly scary line. Made my hair stand on end.

Sepulchrave, this equals the best fantasy fiction I've read. You ever considered turning this into a book?

Remove ads