OSR Lake of Abominations Hexcrawl

thirdkingdom

Hero
Publisher
I will be launching the Lake of Abominations Hexcrawl Kickstarter on April 6th. Written for Old School Essentials, but easily adapted to most fantasy games, this follows on the heels of the Basilisk Hills Hexcrawl Kickstarter from last year. It will come in three flavors:

*Compiled. This compiles the seven hexes that are already written for the eponymous cluster into a single pdf and book. Looks to be about 140 pages. You can download a free hex here.

*Supplemental. I'll be adding an additional 80+ hexes to the region to increase the size of the area. This tier is geared towards folks who already have the individual hexes. You can download a sample of the supplemental book from my last hexcrawl here. It looks like there will be about 140-150 pages in this book.

*Ultimate. Combining the two above, this book will be between 280-300 pages of hexcrawl fun. This tier will also offer an offset print version of the book, for folks looking for a better than POD quality.

The book is already written; the Kickstarter is to pay for editing, art, and layout.

thirdkingdom

Hero
Publisher
First preliminary piece of art is in: a banshee, by Denis McCarthy.

Banshee resized 2.png

thirdkingdom

Hero
Publisher
There's a week left in the Kickstarter and going strong. I've started to get finished art in from the first round of commissioned art.

Pegasi.jpg

Pegasi, by Michelle Smallwood

Todd Racoon Tribe1 resized.png

Awakened raccoons, by Adrian Barber

thirdkingdom

Hero
Publisher
We're entering the last couple of day in the Lake of Abomination hexcrawl Kickstarter, and have been getting in some crossbred animal art, created by the magic of the eponymous lake and the imagination of the artists. Lake of Abominations Hexcrawl Compilation

waspossum fish resized.jpg

Waspossum fish, by Marco Ortiz Walters

Michelle Abominations resized.jpg

Weasel-snake and rat-wolf by Michelle Smallwood

Last edited:

Remove ads