D&D General Lamest D&D classes all time

Lamest class ever

• Poll closed .

Undrave

Legend
Back when I was living in LA (technically in Eagle Rock, so not the main city but it's all sprawl down there) I was walking to class from my house once and, out of nowhere, a hawk came barreling out of the sky and absolutely annihilated a pigeon on the sidewalk about 40 feet in front of me. We had a coyote that lived somewhere nearby and was a regular sight at night, and there were like 6 species of snake that lived in the easement right behind my college. That's not to mention all the vermin, insects, and other life adapted to living inside and among buildings. And I just imagine that your average fantasy city is less dense and less smothering of the natural world than modern LA.

Yeah an urban druid doesn't sound so impossible to me!

Imagine a half-pigeon-half-housecat urban griffin!!

R_J_K75

Legend
I would vote for all of them... but if I have to pick the one I truly hated the most is the Factotum. Because in a role-play game a PC that can do nothing ruins the game for that player, but a PC that can do everything ruins the game for everyone else.

I agree. Some of these could be utilized in some game but then by extension it would be lamest game ever. Did someone say Pest Controller, c'mon guys lets all roll up characters and be members of the streetsweepers guild, we can kill rats and empty chamber pots. For downtime activities we can get baths and our clothes cleaned.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
What, no Librarian...err, Loremaster?

1582907550173.png

And obligatory Bard meme.
1582907695055.png

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
...Yeah an urban druid doesn't sound so impossible to me!

Love or hate, little in between for the urban druid, which isn't really a druid. In fact, it's not a druid so much that the description says they don't get their powers from the nature gods, they get them from the "spirit of the city." They worship the "purity of society," whatever the hell that means.

We can ask perhaps Huey Lewis or Glen Frey.

I'm not sure at what population a city becomes godlike and begins granting powers like "Crowdsurf" - I mean "Crowdwalk,", but ultimately it wouldn't have made much sense to have nature gods empowering vengeful druids to oppose cutting down trees to make cities and savage the land for precious metals and then empower the exact opposite to worship the end result of that.

Laurefindel

Legend
I fail to see what's wrong with an urban druid; cities, especially the bigger ones, have their own ecosystems and ecology. Taken to a more poetic/fantasy level, cities have their own spirits and souls, and their own menagerie of city-based critters and monsters. Druids take their power from nature, not necessarily wilderness.

Besides, they remind me of raccoon-totem street shamans in Shadowrun, which I always liked.

R_J_K75

Legend
I fail to see what's wrong with an urban druid; cities, especially the bigger ones, have their own ecosystems and ecology. Taken to a more poetic/fantasy level, cities have their own spirits and souls, and their own menagerie of city-based critters and monsters. Druids take their power from nature, not necessarily wilderness.

Besides, they remind me of raccoon-totem street shamans in Shadowrun, which I always liked.

Honestly thats probably the one class on this list I could justify. Wasnt there an Urben Ranger too?

Undrave

Legend

I think the problem is that in this particular case the Druid in question didn't have anything involving that urban nature AT ALL.

slobster

Hero
I think the problem is that in this particular case the Druid in question didn't have anything involving that urban nature AT ALL.
Yeah even though I'm on board for the urban druid concept, looking back on the actual execution of the class talked about here, it was pretty bad. Fortunately in literally any edition of D&D you can make an urban druid by writing "druid" on your character sheet and then discussing with your GM that you actually channel the spirits and creatures of the city, and then maybe swapping out a skill or two, and then you are good to go!

R_J_K75

Legend
Yeah even though I'm on board for the urban druid concept, looking back on the actual execution of the class talked about here, it was pretty bad. Fortunately in literally any edition of D&D you can make an urban druid by writing "druid" on your character sheet and then discussing with your GM that you actually channel the spirits and creatures of the city, and then maybe swapping out a skill or two, and then you are good to go!

Or the traditional druid can dual class and Anchorite itself to the one tree in the city. Heros Garden in Waterdeep comes to mind.

Remove ads