D&D General Lamest D&D classes all time

Lamest class ever

• Poll closed .

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I agree. Some of these could be utilized in some game but then by extension it would be lamest game ever. Did someone say Pest Controller, c'mon guys lets all roll up characters and be members of the streetsweepers guild, we can kill rats and empty chamber pots. For downtime activities we can get baths and our clothes cleaned.

some of those fantasy sewers are complex labyrinths filled with gian t rats, sewer crocodiles, goblins, otyugh and theives - not to mention the lost gold rings and gold teeth that get lost down the drains and washed into fatbergs. TPratchetts Nation gave me an entirely new respect for the Gongfermor

Weiley31

Legend
In regards to the Urban Druid, during the PlayStation 2 era, there was a delightful Predator game called Predator: Concrete Jungle. There was also a Novel, not based on the game, at some point called Concrete Jungle as well.

Anywho, for the Urban Druid, their city IS the "Concrete Jungle" that they inhabit. Instead of it being one of nature, it's an entirely different ecosystem. And just like how nature and its creature's can adapt, so too can the druid when becoming an Urban Druid.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Well an animal companion would be fine in an urban setting. You get a hawk or big alley cat or a sewer-dwelling dire badger. I wouldn't let the urban druid choose a panther just like I wouldn't let a swamp druid choose a polar bear, but it still seems easy to keep in theme.

its scary to think that the Internet is tracking what Im doing but relevant to this thread this analysis of Animals in the City Biome came up on TierZoo (via Youtube)

Ashrym

Legend
That actually looks like a pretty kick-ass Ravenloft style type of Bard.

It's not that hard to find a few more creepy bards. Blame the dirgesingers.

1583009177604.png

1583007760629.png

1583008098523.png

1583008415472.png

1583008554318.png

1583008598828.png

Or something a bit more Oriental Aventurish

1583008835561.png

Those bards were known for calming spirits and healing the sick if a person is building in that direction, although this particular pic is better for some MtG fans.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Minor gripe about fantasy art: why does everyone assume "person with a musical instrument equals bard"? Any character class can learn to play a musical instrument, it's not just a Bard Thing. Sheesh.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Minor gripe about fantasy art: why does everyone assume "person with a musical instrument equals bard"? Any character class can learn to play a musical instrument, it's not just a Bard Thing. Sheesh.

It's generally a matter of context. If you're strumming a lute while everything is on fire and eldritch tentacles are trying to grab you, you're either a Bard or the Emperor of Rome.

Panda-s1

Scruffy and Determined
I think it was more a tongue-in-cheek jab at the lack of originality of the name « fighting man ».

in defence of the OP, with classe such as « fighting-man » and « magic-user » , it’s surprising that the cleric wasn’t called the « prayer-maker » or something.

personally, i kind of like the old names as descriptive titles, but « cleric » and « thief » should have been given similar generic names for it to work. Reducing to fighter and mage was otherwise the right thing to do IMO
I think "cleric" and "thief" were chosen because in English they were similarly generic. cleric was so generic that these days it feels like its most prominent use is describing the D&D class, or similar concepts based off it.
uh, I think you're forgetting the magical bit, but y'know once upon a time assuming they were thought to be magical that's kinda what a bard was.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases