D&D General Lamest D&D classes all time

Lamest class ever

• Poll closed .
Ain't that the truth- I had a adventure I wanted to run for my group and let them know for a change of pace we'd use 5E. One of the players really wanted to play a Ranger. They had played a Ranger in 13th Age previously and loved it. I showed them the 5E Ranger, and it went over like a lead balloon. I told the player not to worry, I would run the adventure using 13A instead.
13th Age has the best ranger, though.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
I doubt it. 1e Bards were quite overpowered if you go far enough. They're a triple class character and got up to 27 full Hit Dice and it only takes ~500,000 XP to get that (a quarter of that XP being the last 2 hit dice), which is like level 10 or 11 of a single class. If your table actually played to high level, you were really good.

Bards in 1E were really what would today be called a Prestige Class that required levels in Fighter, Thief, and Druid. It was a really powerful build.

Salamandyr

Adventurer
If you said, Fighting Man, you need to read your source material.

"He was a splendid specimen of manhood, standing a good two inches over six feet, broad of shoulder and narrow of hip, with the carriage of the trained fighting man."

" As I gazed upon it I felt a spell of overpowering fascination—it was Mars, the god of war, and for me, the fighting man, it had always held the power of irresistible enchantment. "

"The weakling and the saphead have often great ability to charm the fair sex, while the fighting man who can face a thousand real dangers unafraid, sits hiding in the shadows like some frightened child."

""The chances are small that your tale will be believed until after you have proven your trustworthiness and won friends among the higher nobles of the court. This you can most easily do through military service, as we are a warlike people on Barsoom," explained one of them, "and save our richest favors for the fighting man.""

Edgar Rice Burroughs "A Princess of Mars"

"His brow was low and broad, his eyes a volcanic blue that smoldered as if with some inner fire. His dark, scarred, almost sinister face was that of a fighting-man, and his velvet garments could not conceal the hard, dangerous lines of his limbs."

"He looked the part of the hired fighting-man, who had known all vicissitudes of fortune, plunder and wealth one day, an empty purse and a close-drawn belt the next."

"'You are not a priest,' she said. 'You are a fighting-man. Even with that mask that is plain. There is as much difference between you and a priest as there is between a man and a woman. By Set!' "

Robert E. Howard "Hour of the Dragon"

Undrave

Legend
The 4e Seeker was pretty lame too... mostly because it was a weird attempt to please people who wanted a the magical Ranger, or a Primal class that used ranged weapons, and it was never given a proper identity of its own. It was a Controller who specialized in Soft-control but didn't really affect a larger area than regular hard control.

I think they should have given it a Sling build that threw seeds around that would spring into trees and plants on the battlefield to create various zones. Now, that would have been a cool Primal Ranged weapon attacker.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases