TSR LaNasa is back, and working with TSR Hobbies

Not sure how I got the bad link. Maybe it was a typo from their FaceBook page, but it's not there now.

So this is the FB page; Wizard Tower Games
That page includes the "Press Release" from yesterday. And it links to; Wizard Tower Games

The previous page I thought had a store and was their new website, but is actually someone else is Home

Sorry about the confusion. Not sure how that happened.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I wonder... one sponsor is in doubt, are the others solid too?
Considering three of them are all companies registered to Justin himself, and one is Don from Wizard Tower Games, pretty certain that those are solid. @TSR-Hobbies confirmed as much, and said no one should take issue with Justin having three companies sponsoring his fourth, since he's paying for it.

While yes, no one has a problem with him funding his own convention, it has a really dishonest feel when you've got several shell companies of your own main company listed as sponsors. It gives people the impression you've got several companies supporting you, when in fact you don't.

gss000

Explorer
1: You mentioned that they use the term LLC in their emails and such, but yet not such company is registered. Is that... legal? Like I'm pretty sure I can't legally claim to be a surgeon when I am not.
I don't think anyone answered this yet, but all LLC means is that if you sue TSR for some reason, you can't sue board members for their personal finances. When I was in college, one of the groups I was a member of looked into what it would take because there was a slight chance that people could get hurt. If someone was litigious, they could go after everyone who was listed as an officer. It came down to paperwork and some money, which probably is not a huge hurtle for a company but was so for college kids.

darjr

I crit!
I don't think anyone answered this yet, but all LLC means is that if you sue TSR for some reason, you can't sue board members for their personal finances. When I was in college, one of the groups I was a member of looked into what it would take because there was a slight chance that people could get hurt. If someone was litigious, they could go after everyone who was listed as an officer. It came down to paperwork and some money, which probably is not a huge hurtle for a company but was so for college kids.
Yes, but in order to claim to be an LLC dosn't it need to be registered as such? Somewhere?

Yes, but in order to claim to be an LLC dosn't it need to be registered as such? Somewhere?
I assume it depends on the jurisdiction, but yes, you actually have to file with the state to be a LLC where I am. You can get the various form templates off the internet and then you turn those in with some money. Maybe it was a couple hundred dollars? Not serious for a business, but yea, at least something to keep it from being trivial.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I assume it depends on the jurisdiction, but yes, you actually have to file with the state to be a LLC where I am. You can get the various form templates off the internet and then you turn those in with some money. Maybe it was a couple hundred dollars? Not serious for a business, but yea, at least something to keep it from being trivial.
Looking at Michigan's website, Don actually had a few LLCs in the past, so he knows the process. Got me why they didn't do it this time but are portraying themselves as having one. To sound more official? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also, by being an LLC, there are certain tax benefits as long as your board meets once a year.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Fair point.

But with a Housecon like that, 30-40 people could show up that first day with all kinds of stuff to stock the house with, hang out in a pizza party with gaming and hangout in the evening, party for 2 days, then help clean up on day 4 before heading out.

Y'know. If they knew each other in advance.

And herein, we prove that, while we may not be a real concom, we can probably plan better than these jokers. :p

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I'm roughly aware of what an LLC is. But if you state you are an LLC and you aren't... couldn't this be construed as fraud in some cases?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases