• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Laptops and PDA's at the table... what do you use?

amysrevenge

First Post
I use a laptop when DMing RPGA adventures. I usually run a notepad window to track initiative and hit points as well - it takes about 5 mintues to set up at the start of an adventure and runs fairly smoothly. I spend a lot of time partially closing the screen when I need a better look at maps and players.

I don't use a laptop to play, nor do I use any programs to create or level characters. I'm an old-school pencil dude for PC creation.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
At the table: I use my laptop for; quick calculations, keeping my notes, music, showing off any images I have ready, checking the Compendium, quick note taking (I am a much faster typer then writer).

Off the table: I write out all my campaign notes there, use the Compendium and Bonus Tools, find images, make props (like newspaper articles), write out and print the "campaign booklets" I give to players to give them an idea of things, make characters with the Character Builder.

Basically I do everything besides roll the dice, move tokens around and change things on the character sheets (which gets updated later on anyways).

Remove ads