Late February: Curse of the Crimson Throne Adventure Path - One player needed!

EvolutionKB

First Post
I'd be willing to throw my hat in as well. My idea is a little different, but I think it is justified.

Karastro Quintel Human(Chelaxian) Warlock

Appearance: Karastro is tall and of moderate build. His broad shoulders, strong chin, and dutiful appearance give him away as one of moderate wealth. His hair is short cropped and black and his skin is pale and unmarked by harsh weather or mistreatment. He wears fine clothes and mail when appropriate, and carries his family name like a knight carries their weapon.

Personality: Given his appearance, one would assume that Karastro is proud and considers himself better than those folk below him in status. For the most part that is correct, while Karastro is arrogant, he still knows the value in all the levels of society. With a silver tongue he can fix wrongs, and when the situation calls for, threaten those with the full extent of the law.

Background: Karastro grew up in the circles of nobles of Korvosa. His father was a judge, and from young age, Karastro was schooled in the subjects of law, nobility, and a manner of other things. As Karastro aged, he became interested not only in the laws of their fair city, but why some people followed them and others didn't. His study of the people of Korvosa outstripped his knowledge of law, where he could sway people to his side with a threat of imprisonment or just a few words would guide them smiling along the path he set for them. When he was a teen, Karastro garnered enough attention from his father to be a member of a minor legal team in the city. When Karastro was gaining enough time in the team to become a full fledged member, an assassin struck his father. From what information he could gather, the assasin was hired by a crime lord that his father had sent away for imprisonment. Karastro spent much time in the temples of Abadar, working to find laws, regulations, and edicts of the city to arrest other members of the crime guild. With the help of the legal team, Karastro was able to put many of these men and women in jail or to death for their deeds. His faith in law and justice renewed, Karastro became a regular at the Church of Abadar, gaining many friends in the process. Karastro keeps his eldritch blast ability as secret as possible, but when threatened by a great force, won't hesitate to use it. He sees it as a weapon blessed on him by Abadar, to fight law breakers as needed.

Feats: point blank and precise shot
Skills of note: Profession(lawyer), Knowledge(nobility/royalty), Knowledge(Local), Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate
Invocations: beguiling influence

Problem: Law and warlocks don't mix. Would it be okay to make a LN warlock, to fit the concept?

Last edited:

Malvoisin

First Post
Hello EvolutionKB,

Karastro looks very interesting. I would have no problem house-ruling a change to the warlock alignment restrictions, so he could be LN. As you said, it makes more sense for the character concept. Thanks!

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Malvoisin said:
Okay, then, sounds pretty reasonable. If Attrack makes it, I'd probably go ahead and allow that feat.

In answer to your previous question, average starting gold for a rogue is 125 gp.

Excellent thanks! :D

I changed around his equipment and basically got rid of everything so that I could afford MW Thieves Tools. :)

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Belak Wartooth of the Shriikirri-Quah Tribe

I would love to play a stealthy, archer character. I think a Shoanti Human fighter/rogue focusing on ranged combat. The campaign sounds really interesting and I love the Paizo products, having run the 3 D&D adventure paths.

Name: Belak Wartooth of the Shriikirri-Quah Tribe

Description: Standing a tall 6' 4" Belak has a shaved head, which he is meticulous about shaving, and is in his early twenties. He has dark brown eyes, which are always scanning his area looking for potential threats and is sometimes off-putting to Varisians, who haven't grown up with that necessity. His skin is very tanned owing to his time under the sun and his build is very toned as he's always pushing himself on the hunt. Belak sports a large tattoo on his back of Erastil's symbol. He typically wear tighter clothing or dark, natural colours.

Personality: Belak is rarity amongst the Shoanti tribes, he's compassionate and protective of innocents. Boisterous and good-natured, he's always quick with a joke, even if it's at his own expense. He is steadfast in his refusal to discuss his past with anyone he meets, and it's one of the few things that change his demeanor from easy-going to cold. His carefree nature don't extend to the battlefield where he dispatches his enemies with cold, calculating efficiency. He also cares little for material wealth, but has always been fascinated with precious & semi-precious stones, something about the way they sparkle excites him and Belak trades in his gold for these at the first opportunity.

History: Belak was born to the nomadic Shriikirri-Quah Tribe and was raised to live off the land and abide by their long-standing traditions. He led a contented life hunting, which he developed a natural affinity for, and travelling with his family. Fate appeared to have another plan for Belak as one day on a solitary hunt he came upon and older man being assaulted by a pair of fellow tribesman. He was of Chelish descent and Belak was always taught that these people were their sworn enemies and had destroyed countless of their people, but he upon seeing the travel-worn man being bludgeoned by his tribesman Belak couldn't help but feel pity for him. He approached the trio and told the tribesman to stop and allow the man to leave. They refused and wanted to take out their frustrations on this man, which lead to a conflict with Belak when he couldn't allow them to kill this stranger. In the battle that ensued Belak slew one of the warriors, while the other escaped after injuring Belak. The man thanked him and revealed he was a cleric of Erastil. The man offered to bring Belak to Korvosa with him. Realizing that only death awaited him upon return to his tribe Belak accompanied the cleric on the long journey, learning about the tenets of Erastil and adopting the faith as his own.

Thanks!
Ryan

renau1g

First Post
Thanks Malvoisin. It's been a little while since I've been a PC, I've gotten used to being on the other side of the screen. Thanks for the opportunity!

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Thanks as well Mal. If you've paid much attention to the games I'm in, you know I'm a reliable poster. Thanks for the house rule of warlock. I'll probably multiclass as a cleric of Abadar and go into eldritch disciple(trading domains for domain feats). That way I could be back up healer and have a decent ranged attack as well. Spell wise, I'd be party buffer.

Erekose13

Explorer
I've been tempted to throw together a dwarven factotum, but I think you've got lots of great applicants here many of whom have been with the thread since you started. I'll withdraw at this time but I'll keep an eye open for another of your games Mal.

Malvoisin

First Post
Evolution, if should accept Karastro, I think that would be an excellent plan for advancement! As I understand it, the church of Abadar will be an important point of contact for the party in this campaign.

Erekose, I'm sorry to see you bow out. Thanks for your interest, and who knows? We may cross paths in the future. Best of luck!

Erekose13

Explorer
I'm sure we will. I enjoyed the start of your War of the Burning Sky campaign and read through your apology thread which I must say gave me a lot of respect for you as I found myself fading away too. Re-invigorated by that thread I closed one of my games and forced myself to keep plugging away at the other.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases