• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LEB Discussion Thread '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goumindong

First Post
Tieflings, eladrin, and dragonborn all got shoehorned in. Some of them fit better than others is all.

On another note, how might people feel about reskinning dragonmarks? (Within reason) More specifically, one of my LEB PCs had the 'Identify' type Mark of Finding, and is strongly not melee oriented- the 4e mechanics of MArk of Detection are actually much closer and more appropriate to the character. Would it be possibly acceptable to take the Mark of Detection feat, but say that it is, in 'flavor/background' terms, a House Tharashk mark? Or would this be an individual proposal case?

Personally i have no problem with reskinning of just about anything. I don't think mechanics should get in the way of RP[but you would have to be consistent, I.E. if you wanted to play an Arcane leader that functioned like a Cleric you would not be able to benefit from Arcane paragon paths or Arcane feats] and so think players should be able to attach whatever kerfluffle they want to whatever class they want. This probably would not extend to races though.

But i am not sure about the opinions of others

So I have a quick question.

Are you accepting character submissions now or at a later time? and where do you submit a character. The player's guide said to submit characters to a judge but did not included information on contacting one.

IIRC character submissions are not up yet because we haven't decided on a format, starting level, and haven't gotten a full set of judges. [edit: But if i had to guess we would use the same format that l4e is using next door and starting at 4th level or so, maybe higher for imports]

Feel free however, to head down to the tavern and introduce your character before you submit, its not like if there is an issue its going to be any problems.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
First, before I begin my replies: Here's the character statblock I've been working on. Have a look: LEB PCStatBlock Template
Tieflings, eladrin, and dragonborn all got shoehorned in. Some of them fit better than others is all.
Eladrin were there, though not as a playable race (they really were mentioned before, though not in the ECS). The Demon waste tieflings that were there in 3.5 are not descendants of the 4E Sarlonan ones. Dragonborns 'were just always there' :)
On another note, how might people feel about reskinning dragonmarks? (Within reason) More specifically, one of my LEB PCs had the 'Identify' type Mark of Finding, and is strongly not melee oriented- the 4e mechanics of MArk of Detection are actually much closer and more appropriate to the character. Would it be possibly acceptable to take the Mark of Detection feat, but say that it is, in 'flavor/background' terms, a House Tharashk mark? Or would this be an individual proposal case?
Hmm... I'm going to have to think about it. Afterall, if its a mechanical free-for-all, it might get confusing...
Are you accepting character submissions now or at a later time? and where do you submit a character. The player's guide said to submit characters to a judge but did not included information on contacting one.
Not yet. As mentioned, we're still ironing out the details. Soon. Feel free to go to the tavern with your suggested character just to RP and hang out for now.
Sooo, Eberron "Tieflings" wouldn't necessarily look like the 4e Tieflings? Or rather, some might, and others might not?
They'd all have some sort of "infernal" aspect, but it wouldn't be associated with devils but a mark of their Khyber taint. Probably could look non-"tiefling" like, but they couldn't blend in, I'd think.

elecgraystone

First Post
They'd all have some sort of "infernal" aspect, but it wouldn't be associated with devils but a mark of their Khyber taint. Probably could look non-"tiefling" like, but they couldn't blend in, I'd think.
Are you trying to tempt me into playing a tiefling? :p

One of the thinks I've always disliked about them is their tail. It just never worked for me. Horns could be a bit smaller for my tastes too. Now if I can 'fix' those here... Damn that is tempting.

Kind of feel the same way about dragonborn. Always wished they looked more 'human'.

Erekose13

Explorer
Don't recall Redbeard, sorry. Neither does Google. :)

Tondrek, the character I'm importing, is a half-orc artificer. And still, happily, one of the most mechanically silly choices to make. :)

Haha I should bring back Hxaptos. What a pair those two made.

Vertexx69

First Post
Once a lvl is decided, I'll definitely start knocking around a concept :) I just got the 4ED Eberron book today, so I'll give it a read soon. I never got into LEB before,but I always meant to. It was just the starting at lvl 1 I couldn't get into. After 15 years of role playing, it just gets a bit tedious to keep building ignorant adventurers strait out of the box going, "Oh whats that skeleton shaped thing ambling toward me?" Starting around lvl 4 sounds much more satisfying.

Am I going to have to read another entire thread about whats allowed or not? Can someone link me the nerfed list? ;p

I've been in 3 4ED games so far, and every time the DM has flaked on everyone. So this should be a nice change.

stonegod

Am I going to have to read another entire thread about whats allowed or not? Can someone link me the nerfed list?
The "nerfed" section (House Rules) has not been written yet. The current proposal is everything published in hardback is accepted (with errata); all other sources will need to be proposed. Haven't heard yea or nay so far. One can always propose something to add/remove something later once we have judges (which we're currently recruiting).

Goumindong

First Post
No chance of importing the mythweavers style sheet is there? Been running through the wiki sheet and its not nearly as easy to use.

Also, is hardback including things like martial power and PHB 2?

stonegod

No chance of importing the mythweavers style sheet is there? Been running through the wiki sheet and its not nearly as easy to use.
I prefer to keep things in house as I've had experience with external sites being flaky. Of course, ENWorld has its occasional problems there to. :)

Another benefit of being on ENWorld is that judges/character approvals can annotate it with comments during approval, which has helped L4W over LEB/LEW.

With the Simple Forms extension, filling these out wouldn't be so bad, but its not installed. I'll ask around, but I make no promises (as I'm not in charge here :))
Also, is hardback including things like martial power and PHB 2?
Yup. That being said, I know there are some folks with some problems with such (especially in combination) which is why someone can propose to remove parts/wholes if they wish. But wait till we have judges. :)

stonegod

FYI: I've created a Sample Character for editing, copying, and pasting when character rules are up.

Character rules hopefully should be finalized soon. Need to get some judges together for actually voting officially and stuff.

Vertexx69

First Post
are the quintessential books on the approved list?

is there a specific reason they nerfed Opportunity Attacks AND flanking with reach weapons in 4ed? People were just having too much fun or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads