• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LEB Discussion Thread '10 Pt 2

renau1g

First Post
Meh, I read that before and wasn't terribly impressed with it. Solos/Elites would actually suffer more from it then standard monsters. Also, I don't like that they flee and take OA's. Even if a monster was defeated I wouldn't suspect it run straight through the heroes, nor just turn it's back to the enemy engaging it.

Many times during the mop-up phase I've hand-waived things, or had the last group surrender, or run. I don't really like have a mechanic like that, but rather depends on the game.

Some times when you back someone in a corner, they won't run, they'll fight even though they know they can't win.

I don't like it. Sorry, neurotic, but that could a) make Initimidate obsolete b) put whole fights to sudden end even when there is still a chance for the monsters (remember Obolus?) and c) some DMs could turn the tables and cause the same effect on PCs. How would you like that?

Also, recently on Four Seasons, there was a fight that could go either way and the dragon we faced had the chance to finish the group all by himself (which would be prevented if he started making saves on the loss of some minor scorpion soldiers and one eladrin companion and/or on bloodied (altough this makes sense in-game, as I don't think thinking creature would stay and fight to death unless cornered). Therefore, no good.

twilsemail

First Post
I hadn't even really thought of not applying it to PCs...

I'm in the same boat as everyone else so far. It's a neat idea. And it might make some sense at times... But I don't think it'd add to the experience all that much and would probably more often detract from it.

Now... If we started using Greg Bilsland's Fun Table...

Velmont

First Post
My computer died suddenly this week-end. I might have difficulty to make update during the week. So to my DM, don't hesitate to take action for my characters and to my players, sorry for the delay, it's out of my control.

Good thing to have a computer that is also use for work, it is when he dies, he is quickly resurrected. So my computer is already back online, with a new AC Adapter and a new battery... pretty lucky there was no surge to burn my hard drive or disk.

renau1g

First Post
FYI to all Voda's DM's/Players

Hello buddies! Well it turned out that there is almost no internet in Mica, amongst the mountains of British Columbia. This message is posted by a friend of mine, to whom I spoke by phone.
I'll not be able to post, probably until the end of the month, so, I'll like that my players hang on and my DMs NPC my characters. I meant to do this before, but couldn't.

Please mention as many persons as you know here that are in my games, or are my DMs.

Cheers!

VV

Walking Dad

First Post
'Flaming' weapon got changed that you can apply the fire keyword only to powers without a damage keyword.

So, changing Deimos' staff to another item (same or lower level) and switching some powers around that are no longer modifiable would be allowed after the 'Flaming Weapon' errata, as part of the allowed rebuild for a rules change?

renau1g

First Post
The rules have not had an official update to them. They just released a different set of rules for Flaming weapons in the DM kit. There was no errata.

I mentioned this in L4W, but curious these judges thoughts on it. Now we're in a situation where say Player A has a couple core books (being say PHB and HotXX) and wants to make a PC. They dutifully check the latest errata documents and find no changes to the Flaming weapon. There's nowhere this "update" is contained outside of that boxed set and the online tools (which are not rules sources).

Remove ads