Leesburg, Virginia, seeking 1 more player

Troll Wizard

First Post
Thank you, SLOT filled

Adventures in the Northern Reach (Leesburg Virginia)

As always happens real-life bears its ugly head and a player must drop out to attend more "essentail" life issues, kids. work, etc...

So we have a need for one additional player

Campaign Intro
Far to the north of the Barquetith plains lay the lands of the Wolfgarie people. Wolfgarie are human barbarians that make their homes in the valley and slopes of the Wolff Mountains. Not only do they endure, they thrive in the harsh environment of the long winters in the north. Not only is the environment a challenge, they must also struggle against orcs, frost & hill giants, yeti, and numerous other foes for precious resources. Yet the Wolfgarie do not stand alone, Arakhan dwarves from the southeast bring caravans of trade goods, gnome traders push up from the south, Zekaria (human barbarians and half-orc) refugees stake their claims, Silvaron elven knights patrol the southern borderlands and perhaps they may be more allies to find.

The adventures will feature mountain treks with all the hazards that will incur, deep valleys with cold swift and powerful rivers, avalanches (mud slides and snow fall), bitter frostfell winters, with hidden tombs and remains of ancient civilizations to find. Pushing northward you will find the tundra plains (un-named at this time), to the east across an immense grassy plain are the lands of the hill dwarves and other peoples. To the south you will run into the lands of the Zekaria barbarians that reside in the Alderon Mountains and wage a war of vengeance against the mountain dwarves. Travel across this rugged land is always difficult in the best of time, so travelers and adventurers have always best be prepared, else come spring thaw it may be their frozen corpse that the village dogs gnaw on.

Barbarians, rangers, druids, fighters, and rogues will feature greatly. The Wolfgarie are not by their nature spell-casters or even very religious. Their few priests follow the gods of the hunt, war, honor, earth, mountains, and a few other aspects that may affect them.

Need 1 additional player
Current group is 5(-6?) players. Group is composed of adult late 20s to early 40s with spouses and children, so full attendence is rarely possible. As long as we get 3 players we play.

Frequency: Every other Friday
Time: 6:30pm - ~10:30pm
Location: Leesburg, Virginia (about 1 mile from Leesburg Airport)

Character Creation
Stat Generation: 28 Point Buy
Current Party Level: 10-11
Starting Funds: per DMG

Books:
Required: Player's Handbook 3.5
Recommended: Frostburn
Optional - Permitted: Player's Handbook 2, Complete -Warrior, -Divine, -Adventurer, -Arcane, Heroes of Battle, Heroes of Horror, Libris Mortis, Miniatures Handbook

Other Details
House Rules: Mods our shared on campaign website - races, new weapons, magic, etc.
Flavor of Campaign: Mean and gritty is my intent, though not always successful, terrain plays a big factor in just about alll encounters. While I would like it to have a "Conanesque" flavor, it probably comes out more like old Greyhawk.... yeah I have been playing a long time. Magic level varies from a bit low base to a bit above base, have a dislike to bland DMG magic items, but they are there. Campaign magic items tend to have more variety an flavor.
DMing Style of running D&D: Prefer to keep the game flow moving versus getting tied down in rules debate... quick decision if we can't find it quickly and move on...

Post or email me troll _ mage at

Last edited:

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Dang it this game would have been perfect for me.
I park in Leesburg to catch the bus in, and bi-weekly fits my schedule great.
And I like 3.5E.
If you are looking for more let me know.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Yeti,

If you find a weekday game around here, let me know.
Had a great group in Alexandria, just weekly mid-week was killing me commuting from Winchester. They have since fairly filled back up from what I understand in the last few months.

Really anything West of Ashburn along Rt7 or US50 (West of US15) would be perfect me.

Tohoshie

First Post
I"m sure there aren't any open slots. I live in Leesburg myself, and I've been searching for anyone to RP with. D&D, anything! So, if a slot opens up please let me know.

Tohoshie

First Post
Nope, I work out here in Leesburg at the outlet mall. I don't have my own transportation so I rely on the public transportation out here. But, if we could come up with some sort of meeting ground half way that the bus will take me to, we can go from there.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
I work in DC (NW). Live out in Winchester, take the bus in from Leesburg.

Tohoshie,
Do you have a place to play in Leesburg at? Than the issue would be getting Felix to the game. And finding a few more.

Tohoshie

First Post
Well, i do have my own apartment out here in leesburg and i'd be happy to host a few nights out of the week. I'm a young guy just getting out on my own, so there's really no funiture in my place. But, if you guys don't mind sitting on the floor lol I'd be happy to host. My only request would be that if you smoked please do it outside because I have children. Oh, and I don't have any pets.

Remove ads