Legacy of Death Part VIII: Behind the Doors

Jin Abackis

Explorer
The visitor we are expecting is reminiscent to my mute colleagues and has a singular mode of communicating. How did this gentleman make his request?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
She whispers: "So I guessed right".

She walks to the wall and lifts a panel, revealing a valve which she turns. The great vat of steam and water empties. She then touches somewhere near and a hatch opens to reveal a tunnel below. She leads you down (there is a little latter), and points to a room. "Your meeting”.

She then returns up the little latter and closes the concealed entrance behind her.

The dabus appears. Again symbols flash, and Sim tries to make sense of them “welcome” “word” “hidden”.

However, soon enough, in this concealed place, you can all hear the blather gecko.

“Yes, welcome.”

“So absent minded, no password or anything, though its hard with”

points to the symbols appearing above his head.

“I hope this is not all too dramatic. But I felt that secrecy was key. Even the Lady herself might be jealous of the power you possess.”

Jin Abackis

Explorer
We are a taciturn group and care little for pleasantries so what secrets do you wish to share. Our time grows short and we have impending business with Githyanki, dead gods and a god wantabe.
Sim drifts off for a moment and starts to ponder to himself out loud. Hmm, where do the spirits of dead gods go? Can a god truly die if there are still believers? Sim snaps back, whatever, we’ll just have to kill them all – again.

Buckthorn

First Post
Buckthorn will keep a wary eye, and will stick to the shadows (Steatlh) and try to remain somewhat hidden while Simorai and the Dabus speak.

Buckthorn does not trust this place. not just the Flaming Pit but this whole damn strange, topsy turvy, odd labyrinthine place with buildings jutting from the sky and strange creatures talking in riddles and pictures.

"Give me an enemy I can see and and a tree covered hill. This abominable labyrinth is confounding."

dyermaker001

Explorer
"We appreciate discretion as well. Our power can be quite overwhelming and we seem to attract more attention everyday. What do you wish to discuss?"

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
(The overhead symbol). The gecko's interpretation.

(A veil appears). Apologies for being so mysterious.

(Picture of himself, with a symbol over his head). Though partly that is just my nature.

(Being with turned down head, impervious Lady). As you may know, I am a sort of outcast, as a punishment for a perceived challenge to the Lady of Pain.

200289-lady_of_pain_s_crest_large.gif

one of the symbols

(The Taurus, a “?” behind it, a great temple collapsing). Then as know, I sought to understand the truth behind Sigil. I thought another Power held the answer. And I was wrong.

(Books, elders, woman looking up at light. Gold and the shop). I have searched through many tomes, consulted sages. And oracles. Spent fortune after fortune made from my symbol tattoos.

(Key…that turns into a book). I believe that you have the key that will unlock this mystery.

(Open hands, hand over ears, a strange maze type place, a portal of some kind). But what I offer you is help. I overhear many things beyond—people often assume I do not hear well and am generally harmless—beyond my research. I think you will enter the Bends, which I know well, overcome your challenges there, and reach the heart of this mystery.

(A figure walking). I can help guide you.

dyermaker001

Explorer
(Angrily) "What do you know of the book?" (Then calmer) "No matter, I can handle the book. We appreciate whatever help you'd be willing to give us, and hope that we can assist you in solving your mystery as well."

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
(Picture of the book, and then an empty hand) You are right to be concerned. Though you have confirmed what was but a guess.

(A searcher, the book again, the book emerging, a key). As I said, many years of searching made me think it could be a book, and that its origins where someone how key. And the key.

(the veil, something far behind it, holding hands) Yet, there is still a deep mystery so guarded we will only be able to find it together.

( an open mouth, open hands, that strange place) I merely ask you to let me help you when you enter the Bends. That is all.

Jin Abackis

Explorer
You previously mentioned something about riches and profits and now you speak of cosmic mysteries and transforming keys. Which is it? You have incurred the wrath of the lady once how do we know that you will not lead us to a similar fate?

Remove ads