• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy Of The Deep (Pt. 1) - Escape From Zanzer's Dungeon

arwel

First Post
Tanarel turns to the companions, offering his hand to each in turn. "I have no desire to remain in this cell any longer. I am with you. The sooner I can visit just retribution to Tem and his acomplices the better."

He looks at Morn, sizeing him up before continuing. "We could attempt to attract the guard once more and attempt to overpower him. He does not seem to carry any weapon other than the whip and I have suffered worse than it's lash before. Sydney, Lucian do either of you have any skill at play acting?"

Tanarel flicks his coin to Axel "I have no need of this in here, take it. Now tell me what you know."

Chauzu

First Post
Axel catches the coin. "Alright... we're in a dungeon," he answers. Axel smiles as he puts the coin in his pocket. "The more gold, the better the info."

Geramon senses pain when he tries to contact Ron. Very little can he get out of him. The daze that Ron is in shows very little of what he sees. It is all fuzzy, but you can make out bars around him. He is breathing deeply, and a foul stench of rotten meat surrounds him. Ron is moving very little.

Sullaf

First Post
] It seems that Ron was also captured. Hold on little friend, I'll set you free... Once I get out of here...

"Calling the guard seems like a reasonable plan. I have magical powers and I can attempt to stun him for a short while. Maybe the rest can try to grab his keys while he is stunned. He will be stunned for a very short time so you better act quick. Maybe we can lure him to the bars. That way it is easier to get his keys. But I must warn you, I am just an apprentice. I do not know if my spells will affect him, so this plan isn't full proof..."

To Axel:
"If this plan succeeds and we do escape, it won't be because of you. I will never give a gold piece to the likes of you!

Last edited:

Monster Zero

First Post
Morn gives a short bow to Raven and the others in the room.

Yes, Miss Raven, in the Old Order we are taught to defend ourselves without a blade or armor. Though I am just a lowly student of the arts of the mind and body. If given the chance I believe I can overpower the guard and the with aid of everyone else it should be a simple matter. The difficulty will getting at the goblin guard.

Morn is going to examine his gold coin. Is it a coin of the realm or something different?

Last edited:

Chauzu

First Post
Morn is going to examine his gold coin. Is it a coin of the realm or something different?

It is a gold coin of the Kingdom of Cormyr. On the front of the coin is a dragon, and on the other side are crossed swords.

arwel

First Post
A wry smile plays over Tanarel's face for a moment. "Geramon, give him the gold. I am sure he is only getting what he deserves." Turning his back to Axel he gives Geramon a sly wink.

He fixes Axel in his gaze again "Anyone else care to contibute to Axel's beer fund? I'd hate for you to hold anything back, there are five angry, desperate people in here waiting on the information that you can give us. We will not be best pleased if you play games with us. You'd be a bloody mess before the guards pulled us off you. He looks down for a moment, talking as if to himself "Perhaps that's how we can attract the guards" He looks at Axel again " I'm willing to play along up to a point, and I'm sure we'll get along fine as long as you give us what we're after."

[ooc intimidate 13 (roll) + 1(cha) = 14]

Sullaf

First Post
Geramon

After giving a feint smile to Tanarel, Geramon turns his back on Axel, then seems in doubt and turns back to him. He fiddles with his robes and produces the gold coin and tosses it to Axel, while still feintly smiling to Tanarel.

"It seems you know more than all of us combined. If I were in a more suspicious mood, I would say that you are a spy. I think most people in here do not appreciate spies all that much... Just look at the warrior over there. Don't want to run into him in the dark now would you...?

Lucky for you, I am not in such mood...yet. Now tell us everything you know!"

Chauzu

First Post
Axel quickly puts his hands up into the air and catches the coin. "Fine, fine... I'll tell you everything I know and heard of about this place, but first you must untie my hands here." He struggles with his hands a bit, but cannot get it loose.

Chauzu

First Post
Axel throws away the rope that tied his hands into the scattered hay.

"We're in a wizard's dungeon. The wizard's name is Zanzer Tem. The wizard often kidnaps people and buys prisoners. The wizard makes his prisoners work as slaves in his salt mines." Axel moves his wrists and arms around in comfort. "There. You happy now?"

Remove ads