legality of a non-profit pulp heroes site...

Der Schatten

First Post
hey, i know many people who missed the pulp heroes mini-game but would love to play it. my question is:

if a site is clearly marked as a non-profit site, with all the copyright data clearly available...

could this be done, should this be done, would you like this to be done?

cheers!

Lizard

Explorer
Totally illegal

Profit has nothing, nada, zip, zero, nil, null to do with whether or not something violates copyright. All it affects is the damages you can sue for.

People who missed the magazine can look for it on eBay, or write to WOTC and see if they'll make the rules available as a downloadable PDF.

enrious

It's my understanding (mind you I'm not a lawyer. I'm not even an actor but I play one on TV) that your proposed site would be illegal.

It would use more material than what's allowed by fair use and as mentioned earlier, could deprive Wotc of revenue.

As it is, I just picked up Dungeon #90 from the Wizards website. $5.95 and right now it has free shipping.

WSmith

First Post
Erik Mona is always plying the d20 system games forums. If you track him down, and email him a few questions about your ideas, he might be able to tell you exactly what you can and cannot put on the page.

Remove ads