D&D General Legend of Vox Machina Trailer Released

Critical Role’s The Legend of Vox Machina will be released on Amazon streaming in batches of three episodes. Season 1 will release on Amazon Prime Video as follows: Friday, January 28th: Episodes 1-3 Friday, February 4th: Episodes 4-6 Friday, February 11th: Episodes 7-9 Friday, February 18th: Episodes 10-12

Critical Role’s The Legend of Vox Machina will be released on Amazon streaming in batches of three episodes. Season 1 will release on Amazon Prime Video as follows:
  • Friday, January 28th: Episodes 1-3
  • Friday, February 4th: Episodes 4-6
  • Friday, February 11th: Episodes 7-9
  • Friday, February 18th: Episodes 10-12

Reynard

Legend
Very funny trailer: this probably represents the cherry picked most vulgar moments, and is not representative of the entire tone, which looks PG-13 like the rest of the CR branded materials.
I don't know, you only get one f-bomb in a PG-13 movie and Chutney in just the highlights of C3 E8 must have dropped a blitz's worth.

Not that I mind, I'm just saying it's probably going to be harder than PG-13 (but no nudity, of course, because this is America, dammit, and if there is one thing we can't have in our blood soaked, profanity laden cartoons, it's nipples!).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I don't know, you only get one f-bomb in a PG-13 movie and Chutney in just the highlights of C3 E8 must have dropped a blitz's worth.

Not that I mind, I'm just saying it's probably going to be harder than PG-13 (but no nudity, of course, because this is America, dammit, and if there is one thing we can't have in our blood soaked, profanity laden cartoons, it's nipples!).
This is cut from a 12 episode season: spread throughout, probsbly.TV-16, no problem.

BRayne

Adventurer
90% of the gore and language in the trailer seemed to be from the first two episodes (the original story and not the Briarwoods stuff) so they might be frontloading that a bit. But I'm not sure I'd say the Briarwoods is likely to be PG-13, this is an arc where entering the main city the party sees people dressed up to look like them hanging on the tree in the center of town, and well there's not really a gnome population in that town so the villains had to make do.

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
The Expanse started as a home-brew game. Then was turned into a series of very successful novels. And got a boost from George RR Martin. Then it became a TV series. Then it became an RPG. It didn’t start as a TV series that was an adaptation of an existing RPG.
Fair enough. Wasn't sure - thus my "?"

Clearly, I am a casual fan. Appreciate the correction.

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
I'm not a big cartoon guy. But this already looked aimed at big of an older audience. I didn't watch the first campaign of CR, but I'm curious and will surely give this a try.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Hay, plenty of us nerds are over 50. That doesn't mean we turn into old fuddy-duddys who faint at blood or swearing!
Well, I don't faint at blood or swearing but I am turning into an old fuddy-duddy.

Until fairly recently, people expected that a cartoon was meant for children and would be surprised and upset when the content was not kid appropriate.

I think we are getting past that and audiences increasingly do not assume that just because it is a cartoon that it should be kid friendly and they pay attention to ratings and take whatever other precautions they would take with a non-cartoon films and series. Certainly some may be surprised or upset, but these people are either new to streaming services or are a bit thick.

Remove ads

Remove ads