D&D 5E [Legendary Games] Boricubos: Latin American Monsters and Adventures KS is LIVE and over 500% funded already!

LegendaryGames

Adventurer
Publisher
Thanks to the terrific support, we are nearly at 900% funding, unlocking the first set of iconic characters for the Boricubos: The Lost Isles campaign setting, showing off exciting NPCs drawn from the unique races/ancestries of Boricubos for you to easily drop into your campaign! Our stretch goals have already pushed the monster count in Latin American Monsters over 100, with more monster add-ons yet to come like Andean Monsters from Chile, Bolivia, and Peru coming up at $50,000!

That said, if you'd like to know more about this project we'd like to bring your attention to the INTERVIEWS part of our Kickstarter page and invite you to check out some of our conversations. We sat in with the Nord Games crew to talk about monster design and implementation in general, with several side trips through Latin American Monsters and Boricubos, and followed up with a short solo interview with Ben Barsh from Nord focusing exclusively on this project, including the story of how it came about. You can check out the longer Nord panel discussion on our page or our chat with Ben right here!

https://youtu.be/7G4v6WnM02Q

In addition, on Saturday morning August 21 at 8 AM PT/11 AM ET, Lead Designer Miguel Colon and LG CEO Jason Nelson will be talking with Roberto Micheri and AJ Delgado from the Dungeons and Dragons Puerto Rico Facebook group about this project and what it means to Boricua gamers and creatives. We look forward to sharing time with them and will post the interview link here so you can check it out!

We will post additional interviews as we have them! We welcome talking with any gamers interested in awesome stuff for D&D and Pathfinder, about Latinx representation in gaming, real-world mythology and RPGs, or any other subjects; if you have a podcast or show you'd like to share with us, by all means let us know!

It's mostly a matter of the length of the two books. They are related but not necessarily automatically things that go together. We've had very good success with our product line of themed bestiaries and Latin American Monsters fits right in with those as part of a consistent product line. At a probably final length somewhere around 140-150 pages, it's long enough to be a substantial softcover but kind of too short to be a reasonable hardcover. The economics of printing are such that, as a small company, we can't really afford to do both. The Boricubos: The Lost Isles book is likely to land at a similar page count, presenting the same issue.

For me it's not that i want a standalone hardcover of the bestiary, or a standalone hardcover of Boricubos. It's more that I'd like to be able to get a combined hardcover of the two which doesn't have all the fancy expensive special-edition leatherette and bookmark and gold-edged pages stuff, and maybe which comes in at more like US$60 rather than $US100. Where I live, you can generally factor in US$20 postage at minimum, and that's really starting to get expensive. Besides, aesthetically I personally prefer RPG books with cover art, rather than fake leather stuff.

I do like the concept, and I'll be keeping an eye on the kickstarter, but I really dislike softcovers, and it's very difficult for me to justify spending that amount for the hardcover.

Last edited:

For me it's not that i want a standalone hardcover of the bestiary, or a standalone hardcover of Boricubos. It's more that I'd like to be able to get a combined hardcover of the two which doesn't have all the fancy expensive special-edition leatherette and bookmark and gold-edged pages stuff, and maybe which comes in at more like US$60 rather than $US100. Where I live, you can generally factor in US$20 postage at minimum, and that's really starting to get expensive. Besides, aesthetically I personally prefer RPG books with cover art, rather than fake leather stuff.

I do like the concept, and I'll be keeping an eye on the kickstarter, but I really dislike softcovers, and it's very difficult for me to spending that amount for the hardcover.
This exactly. I am watching this as well but soft covers tend to get ruined when I carry them around. I wish there was just a regular hardcover option.

LegendaryGames

Adventurer
Publisher
What is the release date on this?
You can preorder right now:

Latin American Monsters beta versions are already out in backers' hands, and final files should be going out in early November. Boricubos: The Lost Isles is running a little behind those versions but should be ready for backers by late November.

Given that, it should go on sale to the general public in December.

Remove ads