Legends and Lore / Rule-of-Three Puzzle

Stumblewyk

Adventurer
Anyone suppose that the fact that tomorrow is 5/5/11 is significant?

It would not surprise me given the lack of 4E products due out this year.

I doubt it, given the use of the unused art for a cancelled book.

If it was some crazy other art it might be a possibility.
Also considering the fact that it uses the standard "4dnd" URL structure, which I assume designates 4e. If it was some kind of crafty 5e announcement, it would use a URL that denotes a shiny new edition.

Now, that doesn't mean they can't reroute the URL they provide to something like http://www.wizards.com/dnd/5eIsSuperTerrific. But I just don't see this being a a crafty new edition annoucement either.

Dannager

First Post
Anyone suppose that the fact that tomorrow is 5/5/11 is significant?

It would not surprise me given the lack of 4E products due out this year.

I'm just speculating, but I'd imagine that a new edition announcement would receive a bit more fanfare and build-up in this day and age. As far as I know, there are only two places on the entire internet where this is even being discussed - here, and a two-page thread on the WotC boards (and we were first :D).

It's the sort of gimmick I could see them using to unveil an art gallery.

An art gallery would be grand. I'd be thrilled if they offered the option to use art from Magic cards and their other products when you create characters and monster tokens.

jelmore

First Post
And I knew they were going to save the important bit for last. :p

And they did; it's on page 3 of Chris Perkins' article.

tomorrowsurl.jpg

Given the name of the file, I assume that the URL will not work until Friday.

Attachments

• final-puzzle.jpg
    final-puzzle.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 95

jelmore

First Post
For people who were trying to play along:

1. Bottom right of the Rule-of-Three: 04/25/2011 article.
2. Bottom right of the Who Wants to Play the Cleric? article.
3. To the right of the Phantom Ally card art in the Choose Your Fortunes Wisely article.
4. Click on Chris Perkins' name at the bottom of the Man Down article to get the piece.
5. Upper right of the text block for The Ocean Lance in D&D Kids: Campaign Settings article.
6. Bottom of the Magazine Content: May 2-6 blog post.
7. In The Problem of Clerics article, click on "Why Do We Need Healing?" to reveal the piece.
8. Bottom right of Dark Legacy of Evard article.
9. On page 3 of Chris Perkins' Big Map Attack article, click on the screenshot for Step 12 to get the piece.

Obryn

Hero
Oh jeez. It's just going to be the first theme article, I'll bet. I mean, that fits the dates, the cover picture, etc.

-O

Alphastream

Adventurer
Nice job! I didn't expect them to add images after articles had already released!

One thing that wasn't mentioned is that this art has been out for a while. It was used on the inside of the Beholder collector's set. The url makes all the more sense as it both depicts a beholder and was used in the minis set!

jelmore

First Post
Nice job! I didn't expect them to add images after articles had already released!

One thing that wasn't mentioned is that this art has been out for a while. It was used on the inside of the Beholder collector's set. The url makes all the more sense as it both depicts a beholder and was used in the minis set!

I'd love to get a good-sized version of that artwork; I am an unapologetic Wayne Reynolds fanboy.

The name used in the URL is interesting -- if it was just a link to the Themes article, why use "behold" as the reference? I'm hoping for a Class Compendium art gallery to come out of this.

Medriev

Explorer
I'd love to get a good-sized version of that artwork; I am an unapologetic Wayne Reynolds fanboy.

The name used in the URL is interesting -- if it was just a link to the Themes article, why use "behold" as the reference? I'm hoping for a Class Compendium art gallery to come out of this.

Ok, I'm going to hang onto my conspiracy theory a bit longer, both because of the URL name "behold" and the fact that a new playtester icon has started appearing next to some of the VCL/Admin types on the WotC Boards, see thread here.

The icon is of course....a beholder. I think this is something bigger than the themes or the Class Compendium art.

EDIT: And I think Alphastream is playing along with this thread as a bluff to put us off the scent :)

Last edited:

Remove ads