Legends and Lore / Rule-of-Three Puzzle

renau1g

First Post
If they were announcing a new edition, I'm sure the Gencon would be a far more likely place to reveal it rather than a puzzle that has generated only mild interest from a few people.

Medriev

Explorer
If they were announcing a new edition, I'm sure the Gencon would be a far more likely place to reveal it rather than a puzzle that has generated only mild interest from a few people.

You're probably right. I'd just be disappointed with an art gallery or an article that's in the Table of Contents for Dragon (several times).

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
It is probably an announcement of what they are going to do at GenCon.

Of course, one of the pieces of is from a campaign setting article, so I am tempted to think it might announce the next one. Perhaps the articles hint toward which one. Just a guess. (if so, my bet would be Dragonlance, since one of the images was in the Ocean Lance and a lot of talk of clerics, which would also fit. Another possibility would be a high seas setting: the Ocean Lance. Neither of these things have anything remotely to do with the image though so I am not counting on either of them being right).

jelmore

First Post

I agree; if they had given the puzzle more prominence, then I would expect bigger things.

"Collect all of the pieces to find the URL for our big announcement!"

It's probably not Insider content, and given that the URL will be broadcast far and wide once it's live, it's probably not something they mean as an exclusive. So it's either a sneak peek at something, or they're just having fun and going to give out a treat for people who played along.

Incenjucar

Legend
Clearly they are going to announce a new series of D&D Puzzles in 100 piece (Heroic), 250 piece (Paragon), and 1,000 piece (Epic) versions, starting with a Beholder puzzle.

Scribble

First Post
If the end result of all of this is not a page that simply says:

"Drink more Ovaltine..."

I will be very upset.

A crummy commercial?!?!?!

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Since it is a giant picture of a beholder and the link says, "behold," I am sticking with my prediction that it is either a. a high resolution wallpaper of that image or b. a link to all the artwork commissioned for the Class Compendium.

Remove ads