LEoF: Dwarven History

Kuld

Explorer
I have just received my copy of the "Lost Empires of Faerun." I haven't yet read the book, but I was just skimming through it and noticed that not much, if any, was written about dwarven history.

You would think that some of the best ruins to crawl and wonderful artifacts to find would be of dwarven make. I was really looking forward to the book for that reason. (I'm kind of a dwarf enthusiast.) I sure would like to learn more about Dwarven history in Faerun, aside from what was written in the FRCS, RoFR, etc.. Perhaps they deserve a book for themselves:D or do they think that everything that needs to be covered has already been written in the previous books? :(

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I think you may have been expecting something different from what the book was promising. It was Lost Empires of Faerun (emphasis mine)...it was about imperial states. To the best of my knowledge, the dwarves had no empires. They never conquered territories that were occupied by (non-hostile) races, and weren't concerned about expansionism. Hence, in a book that covered Netheril, Imaskar, the Shoon, etc. it seems to make perfect sense to me that the dwarves weren't covered.

Kuld

Explorer
What of the rise and fall of the dwarven nation and the strife regarding the kings of Delzoun? The race for the Wyrmskull throne? What of the alliances and the deceptions? It’s all good stuff there. Well worth expanding on or delving deeper into, to me anyway.;)

What about forgotten spells and artifacts from the auld dwarven nation. Maybe some PrCs feats etc..
I dunno, something.. There's a lot about the Crown Wars. Kind of similar?

I agree that it wasn't an empire on the surface, but it certainly was a subterranean empire.

Last edited:

Sammael

Adventurer
I'm nearly finished reading the book, and there is actually quite a bit about dwarven empires, although nowhere near the amount devoted to elves. Realms of the High Forest chapter includes information on Ammarindar and Delzoun, Netheril chapter discusses the relations between Neterese and dwarves, Imperial South talks about Shanatar, Dreams of Cormanthyr mentions a few of the dwarven clans that settled in Myth Drannor, and the Old North timeline mentions dwarves a lot.

Kuld

Explorer
Sammael said:
I'm nearly finished reading the book, and there is actually quite a bit about dwarven empires, although nowhere near the amount devoted to elves. Realms of the High Forest chapter includes information on Ammarindar and Delzoun, Netheril chapter discusses the relations between Neterese and dwarves, Imperial South talks about Shanatar, Dreams of Cormanthyr mentions a few of the dwarven clans that settled in Myth Drannor, and the Old North timeline mentions dwarves a lot.

Good:D When I first thumbed through it I did read a bit but didn't see anything. From your post I see that at least there is some good stuff there. Now I can't wait to get home and start reading it. ;)

Arnwyn

First Post
Kuld said:
I sure would like to learn more about Dwarven history in Faerun, aside from what was written in the FRCS, RoFR, etc.. Perhaps they deserve a book for themselves:D or do they think that everything that needs to be covered has already been written in the previous books? :(
Long since been done - FR11 Dwarves Deep.

Regurgitation is a bad thing.

Remove ads