WotBS Leomund's Tiny Hut in "Tears of the Burning Sky?"

simonf

Explorer
What would stop the party from using Tiny Hut to
ascend to the upper floor avoiding all the traps?
I can simply say it won't work there because of wards, but a better reason would be nice.

emeraldbeacon

Adventurer
"As you start the lift, the dome begins, alarmingly, to shrink... until you realize, it's simply moving downwards through the floor, anchored to its place of casting. And as the caster is forced upwards through the perimeter of the dome, thanks to the rising platform, it silently poofs out of existence, the spell having run its course. The lift continues to ascend."

"...well, s***."

Nod_Hero

Explorer
"As you start the lift, the dome begins, alarmingly, to shrink... until you realize, it's simply moving downwards through the floor, anchored to its place of casting. And as the caster is forced upwards through the perimeter of the dome, thanks to the rising platform, it silently poofs out of existence, the spell having run its course. The lift continues to ascend."

"...well, s***."
Jolly good! I can only imagine the reaction from the party...
looney-dagnabbit.gif

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

"...well, s***."
Would you get squished?

emeraldbeacon

Adventurer
Would you get squished?
Per the spell description, "Creatures and objects within the dome when you cast this spell can move through it freely," and, "The spell ends if you [i.e. the caster] leave its area." I would presume, then, that they would be gently carried upwards through the dome, until the caster leaves it, at which point it goes poof.

ALTERNATELY, the Tiny Hut, being immobile, could conceivably lock the lift in place until dispelled; the hydraulic machinery trying to push it upwards could suffer damage from pulling against a magically restrained object.

Remove ads