• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Leomunds tiny hut - Objects blocking ?

Amatiel

Explorer
If you cast leomunds tiny hut in a 10-foot wide corridor, does the dome form? Do walls, doors etc block the dome, or does it pass through them?

Tormyr

Hero
Technically, it does not say. So it is up to the DM. A few valid interpretations:
1. There is not enough room for the spell, so it does not manifest (the spell slot is not used because there was not a valid target).
2. The spell intersects the solid objects like walls and doors which are locked in place in the dome, but the dome extends beyond them.
3. The dome takes on an irregular shape as it conforms to its available space.

Which best fits your feeling of how it should work is the one you should choose.

5ekyu

Hero
Under AOE it says "A spell's effect expands in straight lines from the point of origin. If no unblocked straight line extends from the point of origin to a location within the area of effect, that location isn't included in the spell's area. 

So i would rule that the sphere/dome forms but does not extend across the walls and feel that was supported by RAW until i saw a specific rule to overrule the general one.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads