Let's get this forum rolling.

Y.O.Morales

First Post
Okay ladies and gentlemen:

The GMF was beginning to fall apart a little bit and I, personally, would like to see this project and convenient idea get pushed foward by everyone involved. I'm still waiting for ChaosEvoker's word, but I decided to go ahead with some initial setups and thus posted and edited the announcements. If anyone feels that the announcement's text should remain unedited as in the original introductory messages, then feel free to comment here.

What remains is to get things going. So far I'm concerned with getting more members, since this is a private forum. So be sure to include a link in your signature to the original threads so that applicants can start there, and also email your friends and point them there.

But most important, post your suggestions for the GMF's improvement.

Last edited:

derbacher

Explorer
Well, the old homestead has moved. :)

Yeah, Y.O., we need to jump start this baby somehow. I just can't figure out how! :confused:

Thanks for the work, time and effort to get the private forum set up. I just hope everyone gets re-energized for this place.

DarrenGMiller

First Post
What would be the feasability of someone creating a custom graphic we could paste into our .sig files, similar to the "League of Extraordinary Posters" on the Midnight forums? That would catch attention and get people to click in.

DM

Y.O.Morales

First Post
Wolf70:

You can count on me for that too. I'll get a new computer this week (I HOPE) and doing a similar banner in Photoshop is easy and fast.

Where I would need help, however, is with ideas for the banner. Colors, images, text, etc.

MarkCsigs

First Post
Nightcloak said:
Always accepting and welcoming new members! join in, the forum is new and ready to roll with GM goodness!

Love the avatar by the way :)

Awesome!! This is the culmination of a life-long dream ... well, okay the culmination of a minutes-long whim ever since I noticed there was a GM's Foundation. But I am happy to be here and looking forward to participating. I've been a GM for 26 years and figure I still have a lot to learn and maybe a little to share.

Thanks for the welcome and compliments on the avatar ... it's based on the uncanny resemblence (in my own mind) to John Belushi. Ummm ... that'd be the living John Belushi and not some kind of twisted, undead version. Although that would be neat.

--Mark C'sigs

Nightcloak

First Post
Stirring things up

Side thoughts:
Do we want a "sign up" thread?
A thread for official GMF business for administrators and council members?

The banner is a great idea. You are right - being off the beaten path means we need to find ways to encourage people to stop in and look. As we go we'll need more creative ideas (like maybe a contest or something to get attention on the ENWorld news page)

The other thing is, we need to get some threads working on topics to catch peoples interest when they do come in. Wolf got things rolling nicely with the first topic. Maybe a mix of help threads, idea threads, or maybe even show-case threads for people to look through.

We're all DMs here, so the million gold piece question is what are the kind of things you find interesting? Find useful? Find out-right cool to read? If you like it, then others will also.

Nightcloak

First Post
MarkCsigs said:
Awesome!! This is the culmination of a life-long dream ... well, okay the culmination of a minutes-long whim ever since I noticed there was a GM's Foundation. But I am happy to be here and looking forward to participating. I've been a GM for 26 years and figure I still have a lot to learn and maybe a little to share.

Cool, another old schooler (26 years myself) :)

And the GM foundation, in this incarnation, is about a day old as we switch everyone from the DMF thread in general and get this place rolling. Welcome to the ground floor.

Ummm ... that'd be the living John Belushi and not some kind of twisted, undead version. Although that would be neat.

Skies the limit with templates my friend. ;)

Y.O.Morales

First Post
Nightcloak said:
Side thoughts:
Do we want a "sign up" thread?
A thread for official GMF business for administrators and council members?

If I hear more responses on making these forums open to all (no password), then we can setup that sign up thread. As for threads for council members, they should appear whenever neccesary. For now, I don't see a need; for now.

Nightcloak said:
The banner is a great idea. You are right - being off the beaten path means we need to find ways to encourage people to stop in and look. As we go we'll need more creative ideas (like maybe a contest or something to get attention on the ENWorld news page)

I'm thinking about cooperative projects. For example, Wolf70 initial thread on iconic monsters might spin into dozens of new ways to use those iconic critters. If sucessful, we might compile that info and have it for download (free) at the ENWorld's download page and even RPGNow.com.

And like Nightcloak said, welcome MarkCsigs to the group. Come on and participate in Wolf70 thread for now, or feel free to stat a thread.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases