Let's get this forum rolling.

themind

Explorer
Y.O.Morales said:
Where I would need help, however, is with ideas for the banner. Colors, images, text, etc.

Mmm...how about a the top of ahead looking over a DM screen, or make it a hooded head with glowing eyes looking over a Dm screen. Thats the kind of image i see.

Also good work Y.O.Morales on this forum. :cool:

Xen155

First Post
I like The Mind's idea, really clever. I also think that a sign up thread would be really convenient.

I propose that we open a new council spot. The GMF has gotten big with 40+ members and I think one Council member for every 7 members sounds acceptable. I would like the other Council Members opnions on this as well as the other members.
If my proposition is accepted then I nominate Y.O. Morales for all the hard work and time he has placed into the GMF.

Man, this place has gotten up and running fast since the move!

theMind: I like the idea, and the hooded figure idea sounds eeeeevil.

Xen115: I agree that Y. O. Morales deserves to be on the council for the work he's put in. I applaud him and his work. This forum is great!

Has anyone elso noticed that our current number of members is also the answer to life, the universe, and everything? We've officially hit 42 people! Douglas Adams would be proud!

ChaosEvoker

First Post
BoD:
Gold star for that recognition!

My Input: (Here we go)
Most definately, I doubt the counsil has any objections to including the great Morales for his amazing work at getting us this place. If there are please tell me (and my assasins will promptly find you...I mean...we'll consider your position) So...

Welcome to the Counsil Y.O. Morales!

Ok on to other ideas:
@Sign Up Thread
I think I have a better alternative, if we put a recruting thread in the mainstream of EMWorld that will keep us in the sight of the masses and then we hand the password to members. That way we remain in the sight of ENWorld while still having our own forums

@Graphic Banner
If my specialty in programming was graphics I would do it, alas it is not. But this is a GREAT IDEA!

Mine own idea (Kind of):
The idea for a T-Shirt came up a while back and that really sounds like an awesome idea if we can somehow figure out howto get that rolling we coudl really do somethings.

Also:
Umm...I need to become a moderator as does every member of the counsil. Also I'd like to know if any moderator has the ability to overthrow the actions of another or something to that effect.

An Announcement:
After a couple of tries at it I woudl like you all to know I am an official RPGA Herald-Level Game Master. Some of those questions are RIDICULOUS though. I can't wait to get my number so I can take the Master, Grandmaster, and Paragon level tests.....Crazy stuff.

All for now My the new GMF BEGIN!!!

CHAOS EVOKER

Aris Dragonborn

First Post
@themind: The banner idea is sweet. Consider it seconded.

@SignUp Thread: Putting it in the ENWorld mainstream is the way to go, IMO. We need to be visible if we're going to grow.

Also, would it be possible to have the GMF listed under the Hosted Sites Link on the main page?
Whenever Morrus has time, of course. No rush. :heh:

Ms. Toronto?..."its tarantino."--Whoohoo

What up g's.....Im totally stoked that this was put through...I have had ablast on the DMF.

A few notes....1) one council member/7 gmf members...Is there really that much to "council" over.. I would bet that there are a lot of "passers through" that dont need representation.

2) Proposed that all afirmative responses to council votes be changed from "Aye" to "argh!" it is a much more pyrate-like response...."argh! I agree with ye CE".

3) Continuance and Expansion of the "back room Zombie Fights" havent heard enough about these and i still need a schedule of bouts..Funny you can actually start as a heavy weight and be a fly weight in like 2 weeks..

4) NO PASS WORD..... I have to remember like 4 zilliiion pass words and log ons....and I would be there would be many more memebers with an "open door"

5) Maybe there should be a "member survey" prior to becoming a member so we can be sure the person has "serious" intentions?

6) Im been involved with several different RPGS over the years...So being this a "d20" site...can we pull discussions and situations from other games.....It would be easy for me to "pretend" its D&D...no one would eve really know..gurps,palladium, etc..

:heh: :heh: :heh:

Note: I am a semi-intelligent internet person..so all this jargon is new to me....So i guess I can make my own threads now?

Nightcloak

First Post
and now, Nightcloak presents an interactive conversation with Morborg of Ghetto D

Morbog of Ghetto D said:
What up g's.....Im totally stoked that this was put through...I have had ablast on the DMF.

Yep. It is nice to see things up and running. Everyone seems "stoked" and involved. Which is cool.

A few notes....1) one council member/7 gmf members...Is there really that much to "council" over.. I would bet that there are a lot of "passers through" that dont need representation.

I agree. I proposed the same thing. We did appoint Y.O. Morales for his super cool work in getting this forum together.

2) Proposed that all afirmative responses to council votes be changed from "Aye" to "argh!" it is a much more pyrate-like response...."argh! I agree with ye CE".

Argh!

3) Continuance and Expansion of the "back room Zombie Fights" havent heard enough about these and i still need a schedule of bouts..Funny you can actually start as a heavy weight and be a fly weight in like 2 weeks..

Damn skippy. Madmorgan and Xen have refused to refund by season box seats. So lets get those fights rolling :p

4) NO PASS WORD..... I have to remember like 4 zilliiion pass words and log ons....and I would be there would be many more memebers with an "open door"

I'm with you, but I think were in the minority. We'll see.

5) Maybe there should be a "member survey" prior to becoming a member so we can be sure the person has "serious" intentions?

I'm not sure I like that. We want to encourage people, not make it any more hassle. This is the internet; we don't want folks just clicking away to the Wizo boards or something because it's easier. I would be currious to now how many have made the switch from the thread in general to the new forum here.

6) Im been involved with several different RPGS over the years...So being this a "d20" site...can we pull discussions and situations from other games.....It would be easy for me to "pretend" its D&D...no one would eve really know..gurps,palladium, etc..

:heh: :heh: :heh:

ENWorld supports discussion on all games. In fact there is a seperate forum for d20, OGL, and other RPG systems. As far as the GMF is concerned. We don't have a general policy on this (yet), but I don't see it being an issue. Afterall, We are here really for GM's and not the games themselves. In fact having a few who specialize in other systems might be a cool way to expand our field of control... Er, I mean allow us to reach more people. :D

Note: I am a semi-intelligent internet person..so all this jargon is new to me....So i guess I can make my own threads now?

Botton left side of your screen when you are on the main page/ GMF General Discussion page is a button to click that lets you open a new thread.

Later!!!

Remove ads