• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let's pronounce "Genasi"

Ginnel

Explorer
Genasi

I pronounce Gen-sai

as in the bleach Bankai well the ai being pronounced like eye :p

This is mainly because of a dyslexic friend who ran planescape and said it that way and the fact that the human brain generally only looks at the first and last letter of a word, I'd never really examined the word properly before.

But looking at again it could still be pronounced Gen-a-si with the a being near silent.

cougent

First Post
My first impulse (Native Texan speak) is to say "guh-Nah-see".

blargney's previous Canadian pronunciation being eerily similar, I could default to that as well.

However, I too defer to the mouse and agree that seems a more appropriate pronunciation as well.

Huw

First Post
"jen-AA-see"

Obviously derived from jinni/genie, so a soft "g" in either case. But it's a made up word, so say whatever you're most comfortable with.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Someone ask Monte Cook how they're pronounced, since he created them in the Planewalkers Handbook. That'll be the answer there if we go with original intent.

Unfortunately I don't think genasi are mentioned in the audio portions of the Players Primer to the Outlands, which has always served as a handy planar pronunciation guide on a lot of terms.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads