• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Let's rest now"

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Congratulations you sir are a clear moron

Enough.

Please go review the Rules of EN World, that you agreed to when you created your account. The first rule is "Keep it civil".

Calling people derogatory names is not civil behavior. We expect you to show respect for your fellow posters. If you cannot do so, we expect you to refrain from posting until you can.

Please do not continue in this tone. Thank you.

terrya

First Post

Moderator Edit:

I told you to review the Rules of EN World. You clearly didn't do so.

If you have a problem with moderation, you should take it to e-mail or private message. Please do not derail the thread discussion further in this manner. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

S'mon

Legend
S'mon, you're being okay, but let's not propogate posts that break the rules. ~Umbran

Even if you do have Dyslexia (and not Aspergers, which is more how your posts come across) it is no excuse for being obnoxious. It is not even an excuse for not taking the time to write as correctly as possible. As you said, if it's not worth taking the time to do right, it's not worth doing. And that certainly applies to bulletin board posts as much as to playing RPGs, both of which are leisure activities - even if you are taking time off work to post.

Edit: oops, sorry Umbran.

Last edited:

TheAuldGrump

First Post
My adult group of Pathfinder players have introduced me to another style.... :uhoh:

The kids game has players that will bull through - I have to remind them that they might need to set up and camp. (The keep going 'til you drop school of adventuring.)

The grownups... well, they don't have a 15 Minute Adventuring Day, but they will go through a full day of adventuring, then camp for a day or three. They are... plodding.

Mind you, they do fine in the city adventures that make up about half of the sessions, but once they are out in the scary, dark, silent woods, they get paranoid. Though, given that they are all city characters (even the ranger), it kind of fits.

My response has been to feed their paranoia. Adding creepiness to the woods as well as actual danger. Ghost stories at the tavern closest to the Darkwood, rumors of a town that was swallowed up by the trees in a single night. (This last was pure 'let's scare the city slickers' - the swallowed town had been abandoned for decades when the stream that fed the mill shifted.)

So, they build a camp (not just 'make' - build). A wall of sharpened pales, a place to keep watch, tents in the center of the camp - with an empty tent with a lantern. Some henchies to keep the camp while they are away.... And a cook, so there will be a good meal waiting when they get back. :p

The Auld Grump, caught between annoyance and amusement.

korjik

First Post
My adult group of Pathfinder players have introduced me to another style.... :uhoh:

The kids game has players that will bull through - I have to remind them that they might need to set up and camp. (The keep going 'til you drop school of adventuring.)

The grownups... well, they don't have a 15 Minute Adventuring Day, but they will go through a full day of adventuring, then camp for a day or three. They are... plodding.

Mind you, they do fine in the city adventures that make up about half of the sessions, but once they are out in the scary, dark, silent woods, they get paranoid. Though, given that they are all city characters (even the ranger), it kind of fits.

My response has been to feed their paranoia. Adding creepiness to the woods as well as actual danger. Ghost stories at the tavern closest to the Darkwood, rumors of a town that was swallowed up by the trees in a single night. (This last was pure 'let's scare the city slickers' - the swallowed town had been abandoned for decades when the stream that fed the mill shifted.)

So, they build a camp (not just 'make' - build). A wall of sharpened pales, a place to keep watch, tents in the center of the camp - with an empty tent with a lantern. Some henchies to keep the camp while they are away.... And a cook, so there will be a good meal waiting when they get back. :p

The Auld Grump, caught between annoyance and amusement.

Better watch it, you may end up with an entire legion as camp followers. Well, more camp guardians, but they were good at setting up that sort of thing.

:D

Remove ads