Let's start the year off strong with an Amazing One-Shot fully prepped and ready to go: The Wild Sheep Chase by Winghorn Press

Advent's Amazing Advice

Patreon.com/AdventsAmazingAdvice
Sometimes you just don't want to prep. Sometimes you get a last-minute call to run a session. Maybe it's your first time DMing and you don't know where to start.

Whatever the reason, prep may seem like a mountain to climb. Well, allow me to help you! I remember when I was first trying to figure everything out and I stumbled across A Wild Sheep Chase. It's a fantastic One-Shot that you can get for free over on the DMsguild. The only issue at times can be how do I convert this pdf into an actual session?

Some DMs have a gift, they can read it once and go from there, some are masters at improv, storytelling, and off-the-cuff humor. Well, I unfortunately don't fit that boat and I'm sure many others out there are just like me. I need a ton of notes; because once I've got things organized, then I feel comfortable taking things in new directions.

I like my games to be filled with ambiance, music, handouts, printed or drawn maps, etc. I want all my encounters neatly organized too. Well thanks to my obsession, I can make your lives a whole lot easier! I wanted to give back to the community that is filled to the brim with knowledge and helped me be a better DM. Onboarding new DMs should be easy and I hope with this I can help grease the wheels!

Without further ado:
Included in The Complete Collection is:
  • A Word document with all my notes including a link to music tracks for ambiance and fights
  • Special PDFs for all the encounters. This includes all the enemies' stat blocks organized neatly along with an initiative tracker and a spot to mark HP.
    • A complete spell list for Noke which gives full details so you're not bouncing around for info.
  • A map of Shinebrights tower. I use this as a reference when drawing out the map for my players
  • A handout for The Scroll of Speak with Animals
Index
Other One Shots, Adventures, and Campaigns:
If you see something you think I can improve, add, change, etc. please let me know. I want this to be an amazing resource for all DMs and plan to keep it constantly updated! If you'd like to support me, shape future releases, and get content early feel free to check out my Patreon!

Cheers,
Advent

I was looking for a low-level one-shot recently and i considered this one, but eventually knocked it back because i had a major problem with
the motivations of all the polymorphed guards. They just seem really oddly devoted to the cause of a guy who turned them into bears or chimps and has no way of turning them back, especially since the whole module is based around the idea that being forcibly polymorphed into an animal is a terrible fate when it happens to Shinebright. I might have given the bed-dragon a Sleep breath weapon too...

I ended up going with modified Wolves of Welton instead.

Remove ads