D&D 5E Let's talk about WoTC Book Covers

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
If you want to nitpuck sure.
I mean, this is ENworld. What'd you expect? ("Technically correct, the best kind of correct", is basically the Forum-Goer Dogma.)
I figured this out years ago when some books bought in early 90's are now sunfaded.

Then you get odd ones out for whatever reason.

View attachment 141140
Could be positioning, slight differences in angles or chemical make-up of the different paints (some might be slightly more sun-resistant than others), and other explanations.

Zardnaar

Legend
I mean, this is ENworld. What'd you expect? ("Technically correct, the best kind of correct", is basically the Forum-Goer Dogma.)

Could be positioning, slight differences in angles or chemical make-up of the different paints (some might be slightly more sun-resistant than others), and other explanations.

The room gets the morning sun but the bookcase is up against the east wall.

My D&D novels are sun faded a bit as they're on the southern wall.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
One of my favorite D&D covers of all times will probably forever be the Cover of the 3e Draconomicon.
draconomicon.jpg

Not just because I'm bias due to my love of Dragons, but because its a pair of red dragon parents with what seems to be at least two different generations of children! And look, one of the parents is bringing back food for the other who is watching their newest clutch hatch and one of the older siblings is checking out a hatchling and its soo cute! I'm especially happy that its a chromatic dragon we are seeing being parents.

Zardnaar

Legend
One of my favorite D&D covers of all times will probably forever be the Cover of the 3e Draconomicon.
draconomicon.jpg

Not just because I'm bias due to my love of Dragons, but because its a pair of red dragon parents with what seems to be at least two different generations of children! And look, one of the parents is bringing back food for the other who is watching their newest clutch hatch and one of the older siblings is checking out a hatchling and its soo cute! I'm especially happy that its a chromatic dragon we are seeing being parents.

It was one of the best 3E covers/pieces.

Stormonu

Legend
draconomicon.jpg

Truly a Mother of Dragons!

That book cover is such a close-up, I've never seen this full picture and that's a shame, it's very good!

Remove ads