Level 10 PC recommendations for Lair Assault

NewJeffCT

First Post
I haven't played 4E since the last Lair Assault, so need some help building a new PC for the game. Any recommendations? It will be a random get together at a local gaming store, so I have no idea how my PC would fit into the mix. Maybe a striker type?

Any recommendations for magic items?

Thanks

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
If you want to play a striker with some fun mobility tricks that is hard to nail down, a Warlock or Hexblade with Ethereal Sidestep and some Eladrin chainmail (or ringmail) and a few other support items can get you a disgustingly good at-will teleport. There is a dagger that adds to teleport, can't remember what it's called at the moment. Though admittedly neither Warlock build make for the best striker ever.

I'm sure you can find some good ideas here.

NewJeffCT

First Post
If you want to play a striker with some fun mobility tricks that is hard to nail down, a Warlock or Hexblade with Ethereal Sidestep and some Eladrin chainmail (or ringmail) and a few other support items can get you a disgustingly good at-will teleport. There is a dagger that adds to teleport, can't remember what it's called at the moment. Though admittedly neither Warlock build make for the best striker ever.

I'm sure you can find some good ideas here.

Thanks - good link, and good ideas

Mika

First Post
One trick that a guy in our gaming group figured out is the desirability of getting the 10th level skill power "Enter the Crucible". It requires training in Endurance, and it is so good that you have a good chance of completing this lair assault without a healer.

NewJeffCT

First Post
One trick that a guy in our gaming group figured out is the desirability of getting the 10th level skill power "Enter the Crucible". It requires training in Endurance, and it is so good that you have a good chance of completing this lair assault without a healer.

Thanks - looks interesting.

I made 2 characters that will hopefully fit in - an elf archer ranger (striker) and a human fighter (defender). That power might work with the defender, but I picked "Body Shield" for his level 10 power, which is also pretty useful, since my fighter is an expert at grabbing.

Remove ads