• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Life In Vein

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Pai feels the energy infuse into his body, warming him and soothing him. In the baths, Arkas finds a few things. One was the bodies of two dead, thin tingual cubs. The second was the cold-dessicated body of a large wolf with beautiful white fur. The third is a loose paving stone on the side of the bath. Prying it open, you find a basket woven of silver and gold. It contains nearly a hundred Queens.*

*In addition there's a small green cup made of metal, adored with silver patters of wind billows and about a dozen green gemstones. The handle is sculpted to look like an eagle. On the bottom of the basket is what appears to be an elegant gown designed for a small human woman. It's a floor-length dress embroidered with an eagle into the back of the gown, it's wings wrapping around the dress and covering the front. On the side is a small silver inkpot sealed with wax stamped with an eagle. Wrapped in the gown is a small flask made from banded white and brown stone, topped with a small sculpture of an exotic woman's face. By the faint sloshing, something liquid is in the flask. Finally, laying on top of it all is a scepter. Made of two feet of heavy, black wood and topped with a bright metal claw grasping a blue gemstone, this looks very sturdy.*

*Matzerath makes certain of the tinguals' deaths, and the air begins to warm immediately. In a few moments, between Vaiushi's spell and the death of the tinguals, you hear a faint trickle of water coming from the back of the room.*

[OOC - Pai heals 12 points and takes 6 subdual.]

SeanWeasley

First Post
Arkas, male loresong faen, akashic 2/runethane 1

"Hey, everybody, look what I have found." Arkas displays the newfound treasure to the party. "Take a look at these." Arkas slides the basket into the middle of the room and picks up the flask. I wonder what's in here.

dead_radish

Explorer
*Matz glances over the items, and shrugs.* "The coin will be of little use here, but should be divided. For the rest, I need no flask or scepter, though perhaps the dress would fit me...." *He reaches over to finger the material."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Nothing like a cold dip to wake you up." says Pai clearly feeling better after his spell. "Those are interesting finds, I wonder what those creatures were doing with them in there. Perhaps those are from other victims of their cold auras. That sceptre looks interesting, might even be a magister's staff by the looks of it. Here let me take a closer look." Pai says, before manifesting detect magic. He then looks over the sceptre first and then the other items.

SeanWeasley

First Post

After examining the flask, unstoppering it, and smelling, then sampling, its contents (small taste to identify), Arkas helps Pai and the others identify the rest of the treasure.

[OOC: Knowledge (magic) +9, Knowledge (runes) +14]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Upon unstoppering the flask, an exotic scent that is both spicy and sweet fills the air. It is the scent of some exotic flower or tree perhaps. It tastes absolutely terrible, though it still smells wonderful. It probably is some kind of perfume.*

*Pai examines the objects with his enhanced magical sight, determining that only the scepter is magical, and that it bears faint evocation magic. Matz picks up the gown and determines that while on a human it might have a long train, on him it would merely reach to his ankles. And he's quite thin enought to fit in it. The silver thread in it makes it very tough, and Matz thinks that it could easily turn aside some weapons. The other items are well-made and would probably fetch a fair price on the market. However, from the themes of air and flying creatures, you would guess that perhaps these were implements used in religious rituals to spirits of the air.*

SeanWeasley

First Post

"Ptooey. That's not liquor." Arkas spits out the sip of perfume. "You sure do look perty in that dress, Matz. Here, take this sweet-smelling perfume to go with it. I have no use for such a thing."

We divide up the treasure for transport and move on in the same configuration as before we encountered the tinguals.

[OOC: If no one cares who gets what right now, we can decide that later. For now, Matz gets the dress (and perfume?) and Pai gets the scepter. If possession of an item becomes critical to the plot, then possession can be determined randomly.]

dead_radish

Explorer
*Matz nods, and packs the dress and perfume in his pack carefully. He is clearly giving sidelong glances at Urgo, trying to provoke a reaction of some sort. He dotsa bit of the perfume on his wrists, and then flexes his claws.* "I'll be the belle of the ball, eh?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Thusly confused, the party can head out and back up the stairs. The higher you go, the more windy it becomes, until you can feel it tugging at you from all directions. Finally you manage to reach what seems to be the end of the road, a set of half-crumbling stairs that lead to a hatch in the ceiling. Both look very old and bear faint wind rune carvings over all their available surfaces.*

SeanWeasley

First Post

Arkas says, "Hey, runes!" and moves forward to examine them. "What do you make of these runes, Clonz? Matz? Eryic, what do you think about all this wind? Is it natural?" Arkas compares notes with the rest of the party about the runes and the wind.

[OOC: Search +10, Knowledge (runes) +14, Knowledge (nature) +19]

Remove ads