• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Light of ....confusion?

Perimones

Explorer
After blasting away undead with light of lunia and mercuria and venya for the past five years, the cleric of my group just realized today that something is wrong with the spell description. It says range: medium (100 ft....) but in the spell itself it talks about a range of thirty feet. Even though we have been playing with the Medium range for years now, my players don't have any problem with using the spell as it was intended. I couldn't find any official errata which kind of surprised me. So any thoughts on that?

Dandu

First Post
You know, from the spell description, I'm inclined to think that the light sheds in a 30ft radius, but the bolts can reach up to medium range.

Perimones

Explorer
Probably what i'm going to end up deciding. I try to stick to 3.5/3.0 as much as I can. But i have no problem ruling otherwise for the good/fun of the game. The cleric has been using those spells for years, his favorites. And i have never perceived them as being too powerful because he could use them at a Medium range. So why change it.

the Jester

Legend
Huh. I think I'd let him keep the medium range, too; these spells are cool and flavorful but hardly problematic. (With the possible exception of light of Venya's healing abilities in the hands of a wizard or sorcerer, depending on how you feel about that sort of thing.)

Wyvernhand

First Post
If you are THAT kind of wizard, you can also sneak attack with them. I've done it. It is a volley though, so you only get SA once per casting, but it is a fun one you can precast to SA in the surprise round.

Perimones

Explorer
Its nice to have a back up for the cleric, so i dont mind a few healing spells for the wiz. After all its only 1d6 + Divine caster level, so 1d6 twice for the wiz.

Dandu

First Post
As far as healing goes, you'd be better off buying a Belt of Healing, or investing some skill points into UMD and grabbing a wand.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads