ZEITGEIST Linia in the Crypta Hereticarum

Crispy120286

Explorer
What does she mean when she says the following?

“He travels in your breath, on your words, in the rustle of your hair in the breeze. You are not possessed. Don’t believe the voices in your ears. Believe only the voice in your head. You have no torches. You’ll go blind. You’ll die of thirst, but drink with the left hand! Please leave now and beg them to cut me down. I’ll agree to their lies. I’ll call them gods. Please let me die.”

I'm searching for references in the forums. A lot of discussion of skyseer visions but not this? Unless i missed it.Is she speaking nonsense or prophecy? Thanks!

Last edited:

efreund

Explorer
Spoilers follow.

Linia is mad, and raving quite a bit. She's covering an array of topics, most of them related to William Miller, who I believe is who tied her up.

He travels in your breath, on your words, in the rustle of your hair in the breeze. You are not possessed.
This describes the needlewire effect, when Nicodemus possesses someone.

Don’t believe the voices in your ears. Believe only the voice in your head.
I think this is a reference to resisting charm magic, and staying true to your own sense of self.

You have no torches. You’ll go blind. You’ll die of thirst, but drink with the left hand!
Not sure.

Please leave now and beg them to cut me down.
A somewhat direct statement on her current state of affairs. Linia has been tied up a long time and wants down.

I’ll agree to their lies. I’ll call them gods.
A reference to the Sacrament of Apotheosis, and the secrets that Ashima Shimtu is privy to.

Please let me die.
Like two lines above, girl is in a lot of pain.

Crispy120286

Explorer
I don't think Miller tied her up. It was the hierarchs of the Clergy who did as a catalyst for the Victory Wars. She was said to be assassinated by an Eladrin in the year 50 B.O.V. which set into the motion the First Victory. I'm not sure Miller was even alive at that point.

I was thinking it might be in reference to the Voice of Rot maybe?

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
"You have no torches. You'll go blind." sounds like a reference to the There Was No Light But Fire effect in the room with the Miller's pyre trap, which extinguishes all non-fire light sources for the party for 24 hours.

hirou

Explorer
I'm pretty sure her warnings refer to the invisible stalker that follows the party throught the crypt (see description of the hall 1-2), but I can't find where I've read this. Text of the Crypta was slightly altered in different editions, maybe this was lost somehow.

Rhuarc

Explorer
“He travels in your breath, on your words, in the rustle of your hair in the breeze. You are not possessed. Don’t believe the voices in your ears. Believe only the voice in your head."
This is a warning about Maensha’il, the Invisible Stalker who can mostly only be felt and not seen. The last part refers to his Command ability which you of course shouldn't trust.

“You have no torches. You’ll go blind."
A warning that, should you not have a non-magical light source like a torch, the fire-extinguishing effect in room 2 will leave you blind.

"You’ll die of thirst, but drink with the left hand!"
A very subtle hint how to properly drink from the Pious Mounts (with one hand touching the mosaic).

The rest has been explained above already :)

Crispy120286

Explorer
Awesome! That all makes a lot of sense actually. I'm planning for their second visit into the Crypta Hereticarum as part of Kasvarinas memory event.

Remove ads