D&D 4E List of Potential New Martial Practices

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I really find the effective thp hard to translate --> How about Make a Diplomacy/Religion Skill check and each ally gains 1 temp hit point for each point your check exceeds 10. We could limit it based on needing to reaching a milestone to be affected (making it even more 4e).

Tony Vargas

Legend
I really find the effective thp hard to translate --> How about Make a Diplomacy/Religion Skill check and each ally gains 1 temp hit point for each point your check exceeds 10. We could limit it based on needing to reaching a milestone to be affected (making it even more 4e).
Why not just a simple number of temps? 5/tier + CHAmod or something?

Oh, and it could cost a surge from the orator, lotta practices do.

Myrhdraak

Explorer
I have not followed this thread in detail, but is there a document where you have gathered all these great new martial practices, following the 4e format?

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Why not just a simple number of temps? 5/tier + CHAmod or something?

Oh, and it could cost a surge from the orator, lotta practices do.
Standard rules they do my variant allows a skill check to avoid the loss...

Edit I did think the skill check was kind of interesting and actually made the results very close to a direct translation ... but it introduced the possibility of people increasing there skill focus in Religion or Diplomacy to gain better inspiration of their allies. @Tony Vargas

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I have not followed this thread in detail, but is there a document where you have gathered all these great new martial practices, following the 4e format?
Many I have in character builder but I agree I need to finalize from them... they have a bit more info than a standard one like a DC - and some supplemental rules.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
From Pathfinder 2e I really like the create traps ability that would really fit well with the 4e martial practices
I will investigate it --> they seem to have a regular snare system with formulas and the like.

SNARE CRAFTING FEAT 1 Prerequisites trained in Crafting You can use the Craft activity to create snares, using the rules from page 357. When you choose this feat, you gain the formulas for four common snares. If you have a formula book, you can put these formulas into the book.

IS that the item you were thinking of?
@Myrhdraak

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
To be honest I have sort of been thinking about things like improving versatility for the Intelligent fighter and other martial controller builds in other ways so formalizing this has been getting less focus.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Today I started working on XSLT to output the CBLoader data in a nicely formatted fashion for the practices and the like. This can then be refined as new are added ... and it makes the practices accessible in more finished form without someone needing CBLoader and the Offline Character Builder.

Remove ads