List of Resources not in CB?

fireinthedust

Explorer
I'm running a game for my family, ie: my parents and siblings, we're all adults and they've never played the game (except one of them).

I'm keeping it simple and using 4e (a really simple system), but I was wondering what resources were out there for the game that don't involve the CB. I am aware that copyright is a big thing for 4e, but I'm not looking for a longterm use. I had it for a while, but the laptop I downloaded it onto died (ugh).

I'm thinking of making the character sheets up in Word, and color-boxes for the different powers via tables. I don't know if someone has a template for "coloring boxes" already drawn up that could save me time?

The plan is to hand them a solid package of pre-gens: picture, description, and some info they can refer to in-game (ie: what elves are, what they know about the town, etc.), the character sheets, and that colored page for their powers. They're going to read their own descriptions to the other players, then show the pictures, and talk to each other for a bit.

It's hopefully going to be a team-building exercise.

I'm doing the dungeon crawl now, and brainstorming ideas for what to put in there that would be a team-building sort of thing. Puzzles so far... I'm not coming up with great ideas (ie: carry a rock to another room, etc.)

Balesir

Adventurer
I can (just have, actually) convert these to Word format using Acrobat, but don't want to pass them on without [MENTION=4237]Shado[/MENTION] saying it's OK to do so. Will the summon spell work??

Shado

Explorer
I can (just have, actually) convert these to Word format using Acrobat, but don't want to pass them on without [MENTION=4237]Shado[/MENTION] saying it's OK to do so. Will the summon spell work??

You rang?

Yes Balesir, you're are welcome to post any modifications you've made with the sheets (including format). I encourage it. I only ask that if they still resemble my work, that you reference the originals, or keep my credit attached to them.

And before anyone asks, I unfortunately have not made any updates to the sheets, and don't foresee doing so in the future. My gaming group disbanded shortly after version 1.2, and I honestly don't have the time to put toward such projects like I did back when. :(

But please enjoy and feel free to distribute and modify as you see fit!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I put them in the new downloads area (attributed to your account) for ease of access!

Remove ads