D&D 5E List the Third-Party 5th Edition Campaign Settings

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Pugmire its own game (similar to a stripped down 5E), but it's not a D&D setting.

Darkplane, to the best of my searching, is not available for sale.

I've removed both for now, but if I'm in error, please feel free to interject!

akr71

Hero
Any chance this thread can be pinned?

Edit: Nevermind, I'll just add this thread to the Miscellaneous section of the Best of the 5E Forum pin.

E

Elderbrain

Well, I just got my copy of the Rhym Campaign Setting (by FOE - First Ones Entertainment), and while I can't state an opinion yet on the contents, it appears to be in violation of the rules of the OLG and the SRD. To wit: It has text like "Wood Elves use the statistics from the PHB.", "Eladrin use the statistics from the DMG.", and "Serpentfolk use the Yuan-Ti Pureblood creation rules in Volo's Guide to Monsters." (!!!) Pretty sure that's not allowed, but correct me if I'm wrong... :heh:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, I just got my copy of the Rhym Campaign Setting (by FOE - First Ones Entertainment), and while I can't state an opinion yet on the contents, it appears to be in violation of the rules of the OLG and the SRD. To wit: It has text like "Wood Elves use the statistics from the PHB.", "Eladrin use the statistics from the DMG.", and "Serpentfolk use the Yuan-Ti Pureblood creation rules in Volo's Guide to Monsters." (!!!) Pretty sure that's not allowed, but correct me if I'm wrong... :heh:

The OGL doesn’t let you refer to trademarks you don’t have a separate license for. I don’t k know that PHB is a trademark, but I suspect Volo’s Guide to Monsters is.

Thakazum

Explorer
Land of Azurth - American fantasy, "a fantasyland called the Land of Azurth, which takes inspiration from the full span of American fantasy – from Oz to Barsoom to Masters of the Universe – while downplaying some of the traditional pulp fantasy/epic fantasy elements that more typically inform D&D."

There are two products so far in print and PDF published by Hydra Cooperative:

Mortzengersturm, The Mad Manticore of the Prismatic Peak
Azurth Adventures Digest Issue 1

Yaarel

He Mage
The OGL doesn’t let you refer to trademarks you don’t have a separate license for. I don’t k know that PHB is a trademark, but I suspect Volo’s Guide to Monsters is.

Legally, this seems to me to be ‘fair use’, simply quoting or citing a product.

Ethically it is fine, because it encourages sales of the cited product.

Remove ads