D&D 5E List the Third-Party 5th Edition Campaign Settings

zedturtle

Jacob Rodgers
What do you mean? Aren't the episodes on Youtube?

They are, but I believe there's more of a delay on YouTube between the live show and being able to watch it on demand. Twitch (with a sub) pretty allows that to happen the moment they're done being live.

Delazar78

First Post
my google-fu is lacking, pls help me remember the name of this D&D campaign setting where the PCs are in some kind of reality show, and they are thrown into a dungeon to compete with other parties...?

bmfrosty

Explorer
Pugmire its own game (similar to a stripped down 5E), but it's not a D&D setting.

Darkplane, to the best of my searching, is not available for sale.

I've removed both for now, but if I'm in error, please feel free to interject!

Is there a similar thread for games based on the 5e engine that are distinct enough to be considered their own games and not just settings?

Warren Ellis

Explorer
I think I've seen 5E D&D stuff for a setting called Nameless Realms by Art of the Genre.

It seems to list a number of shared campaign settings over different periods of time. For example one of the chronologically later settings involves a mix of gunslinging and airships, called Gun Kingdoms.

Does anyone have a better idea on this? The company showcases its stuff in a magazine called Folio.

Rellott

Explorer
I think I've seen 5E D&D stuff for a setting called Nameless Realms by Art of the Genre.

It seems to list a number of shared campaign settings over different periods of time. For example one of the chronologically later settings involves a mix of gunslinging and airships, called Gun Kingdoms.

Does anyone have a better idea on this? The company showcases its stuff in a magazine called Folio.

I have gotten many of those and regret my decision. They are much more accurately created for... I don’t know which older edition... and given 5e stats and write ups as an afterthought. The conversion to 5e is not well done IMO. Too high powered and unevenly powered with the races, if the races get a 5e writeup that’s intelligible at all, and the old school expectation of getting multiple magic treasures all the time, up to items with +5 enchantments. I would not classify it as a 5e setting.

Warren Ellis

Explorer
I have gotten many of those and regret my decision. They are much more accurately created for... I don’t know which older edition... and given 5e stats and write ups as an afterthought. The conversion to 5e is not well done IMO. Too high powered and unevenly powered with the races, if the races get a 5e writeup that’s intelligible at all, and the old school expectation of getting multiple magic treasures all the time, up to items with +5 enchantments. I would not classify it as a 5e setting.
Ah okay.

From what I've seen, the stats are apparently first made for 1E D&D, or so he claims, and then he puts a 5E version in a grey box.

It's an interesting setting though I do feel him using his own terms for the races is confusing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases