D&D 5E Lists of Campaign Settings and Adventure Paths for 5e

Lalato

Adventurer
... dare I say the setting market is saturated? :/

edit: very cool list though, well done
I think that may be true for the more standard fantasy settings, but there are so many oddball niches that still haven't been fully explored. For example, there aren't nearly enough settings that are inspired by Indian/South Asian history and mythology.

One thing that is nice about the current level of saturation (which is definitely quite high as you point out) is that every DM can probably find a setting that fits them and their style of play better than Forgotten Realms. And, in theory, all of these are going to continue to be compatible with OneD&D (5.5).

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I think that may be true for the more standard fantasy settings, but there are so many oddball niches that still haven't been fully explored. For example, there aren't nearly enough settings that are inspired by Indian/South Asian history and mythology.

Have you heard of Yoon-Suin? That would meet that requirement. Although it isn't made for 5e (more b/x really), I've run a somewhat long campaign using 5e and it worked quite well.

Lalato

Adventurer
Have you heard of Yoon-Suin? That would meet that requirement. Although it isn't made for 5e (more b/x really), I've run a somewhat long campaign using 5e and it worked quite well.
If have a few that are system-agnostic. But if there are rules or monsters for a specific system instead of 5e I tend to shy away from listing them.

I’ll look this one up. Thanks.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Yoon Suin looks fantastic, but it would require some conversion to 5e. Has someone already done a conversion?
I've converted bits and pieces, but I am not aware of any published conversion. I totally see why you would consider it as not 5e, because it isn't. But it does meet the south asian inspiration you mentioned :)

Remove ads