Literally-dreamt-of ideas

mips42

Adventurer
I literally came up with these while sleeping.Use or ignore as you see fit.

The black cabal:
A nefarious organization working behind the scenes of a major political entity or organization working to destabilize or subtly shift the political landscape to further it's own ends.
Could be a faction. Could be the leader of this cabal is your ultimate bad guy. Whatever.

Citadel of Ash:
On the black plains of desolation, in the shadow of the Smoke Mountains, lies the remnants of a once-prominent citadel. Built as a home for a holy order, ash and lava from the nearby volcanoes have buried all but the highest points.
Dungeon.

Altojin:
A massively powerful Djinn who fought with Orcus for control of the Underworld, imprisoned centuries ago by a group of powerful mages lies in wait for the day his prison is opened and he can, once again, claim his heritage.
BBEG.

mips42

Adventurer
Ember:
It was not unforseen when the fire came, burning the world to its foundations. That is why the great caves were outfitted with food and raw materials to last a hundred years. When we emerged, the world was unlike anything we knew. Where once there were forests, now there was only blackened soil an low scrub. Great mountains; reduced to rubble-strewn scab-lands.
Now, we had only to try to rebuild.
-Gaming world

mips42

Adventurer
Young King Emeril, only recently reaching his twenty-fifth year and even more recently wed, has been found, face black and contorted into a hideous grin. Was it murder or some disease? Who will rise to fill the seat of power and is the young bride in danger, too?

I had this dream last night.

The Prime Material Plane world I dreamt of would create demiplanes, little pocket dimension tethered to locations on the primary plane, not unlike a larger organism budding off or forming polyps. The demiplanes retain the characteristics and properties of the corresponding primary plane (topography, temperature, etc.) and are typically populated with plant and animal life. (My dream didn't address travel between this world and its demiplanes; maybe spells or keys ala Planescape, with of course wormholes that randomly suck hapless creatures and intelligent races in.)

However, these demiplanes are malleable and can be shaped with the proper will. Enough occupants, or a strong enough single individual, can imprint on a demiplane, altering its nature, increasing the size, etc. In my dream, a red dragon had occupied a demiplane, changing it to place of fire, anarchy and desolation; trees were covered in red scales, and rocky the land and stone often sprouted huge teeth. Humans, orcs and kobolds also dwelt in the demiplane, mostly serving the dragon or attempting to flee back to the primary plane.

I think this idea has potential, actually.

mips42

Adventurer
The Everlasting Empire of Printas, the great flower of civilisation and center for learning and culture has been conquered... by Klod, barbarian of the northern wastes.

Remove ads