• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Little Known Rules of D&D

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
sfedi said:
Where does it says so?

If you read further into the thread, you'll see more discussion on this one.

The correct phrasing is "Most summoned creatures from the summon monster spells understand at least one language, usually common."

Most of the summoned creatures have the fiendish or celestial templates, which give an Int of 3; the description of Intelligence states that any creature with an Int of 3 or higher understands at least one language - Common, unless noted otherwise.

-Hyp.

Rue Saberhagin

First Post
You need a resurrection spell to bring back some one who was undead.

Makes bringing back characters or important NPC's really expensive..

"Look, for a small handful of onyx I can raise him as a skeleton, send him on guard duty, then the heroes come in, kill him, again, then demand him from me. I tell them, they try to raise him, costs them 5 grand in diamonds for the attempt alone, & then they have to do it all over again with yet more diamonds.
Win all round I say."

Dross

Explorer
Kat' said:
FRCS p. 253: Paladins of Torm do not face multiclassing restriction when multiclassing to clerics.

Somewhere early in the FRCS (a sidebar in the section that talks about paladins) there is a list of orders/deities/etc that allow paladins to multiclass without the ability to advance paly levels.

DevoutlyApathetic

First Post
Rue Saberhagin said:
You need a resurrection spell to bring back some one who was undead.

Makes bringing back characters or important NPC's really expensive..

"Look, for a small handful of onyx I can raise him as a skeleton, send him on guard duty, then the heroes come in, kill him, again, then demand him from me. I tell them, they try to raise him, costs them 5 grand in diamonds for the attempt alone, & then they have to do it all over again with yet more diamonds.
Win all round I say."
Raise Dead only works on a mostly intact body so some quick work with an axe can put it out of it's reach. Lacks the "Whoops, it didn't work!" factor.

Now neither Resurrection or True Resurrection works on somebody who is currently undead. Want to stop somebody from coming back? Turn them into a skeleton and tell them to go climb down a deep well. Planar travel can make this much better.

Thurbane

First Post
DevoutlyApathetic said:
Raise Dead only works on a mostly intact body so some quick work with an axe can put it out of it's reach. Lacks the "Whoops, it didn't work!" factor.
Yep, that little gem ended up in us doing a lot of "head taking" back in the day. We simply ran out of pikes to mount them on! :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads