D&D 5E Live Dungeons & Dragons Q&A Friday, June 6 Question Thread

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I've been having trouble challenging my players with a solo monster using the playtest rules, what does the Basic edition do to address making a lower level solo (5th level or so) into a real threat for the party?

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Will the basic game still feature the +1 bonus to all ability scores for humans or have you substituted it with something else?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
1) You mentioned that the Basic rules would probably be updated a bit in the months after its release. What kind of updates are you planning on rolling out to it? What won't be in it "at launch" that might be in it down the road?

2) You also mentioned various adventures that need to reference non-Basic material having some sort of supplement. Would that supplement then filter into the general Basic rules, or would it be considered self-contained for that one adventure?

Redbadge

Explorer
What is the first non-consumable magic item my party can expect to find in the starter set adventure? Does the item evoke any special flavor? How many magic items might they expect to find altogether?

howandwhy99

Adventurer
1. Will groups of characters of different levels be able to adventure together in the new game?

2. The Basic Set is said to include Player Character creation rules. Will it also include rules for Monster creation, Magic Item creation, and Dungeon creation?

3. For each of you, What do you think this game does better than any other version of the game?

zoroaster100

First Post
I posted this question in the similar thread on the WOTC forum:

What domains will be in the Player's Handbook for clerics, and which of those will be in the Starter Set and/or Basic D&D? Or at least how many domains will be in the Player's Handbook and how many in Starter Set and how many in Basic D&D?

Nemio

First Post
How much preparation time is needed from your (newbie) players before you can start playing?
Do you just start the adventure and explain as you go along or do you need to go over certain things first? Like going over the background of each Pregren PC in the world seperately

How many gameplay hours can we expect out of the from the Starter Set adventure?

Will there be a sequel to the Starter Set adventure or will you either have to continue the story yourself or move to the Hoard of the dragon queen adventure?

Remove ads