Living Campaigns

beasterbrook

First Post
There is no "Living Dark Sun", though there was a group that tried to start something under that name. The campaign is Ashes of Athas, and is run by Baldman Games with help from Wizards of the Coast.

Several on your list aren't really active. I'm not sure at which point we call something extinct. For example, SpyMaster is ostensibly active, but I don't know of any games being run for it in years. Living Planar did not run for very long, especially since it ran into legal issues. Are people really playing Kalamar in any real numbers? Blackmoor? A possible measure would be whether there is an active administration for the campaign, as it is always possible to dig up a few individuals that might be running a game; having active admins is an entirely different thing. Also, I would tend to think that a campaign needs to be fully legal. Living Greyhawk has some people running games and even editing/writing stuff, but I would not call that an active campaign. (No offense meant to anyone, just trying to propose some way to measure an active campaign)

The list is a bit cobbled together from bits and pieces I'm afraid.. so yes not 100%.. I'm aware of the LG ones.. as I said I collect the actual games.. there are a fair few (of course) that I'm missing but some of the collections are fairly complete.. would live to do up a list of what is missing to see if anyone has any of them..

Brette:)

Alphastream

Adventurer
A list would be welcome, especially in Excel. I'm always surprised by how many living/RPGA/OP adventures there have been. Of particular interest to me is which ones existed only digitally (meaning there was no official printed version - just files a DM printed), and which ones had some actual printed version. That's often hard to find out. There is also the issue of versions. Sometimes things change over time too - we edit our Ashes of Athas adventures before the next convention, so there are effectively two versions of each adventure (the initial release and then the second run, which is also the version for home play). Other campaigns have seen far more famous changes, including adventures being heavily edited to remove offensive content or altogether banned.

I was recently looking into the Adventurer's Guild series. I had practically no knowledge the retail program had ever existed, nor that it had some links to Living City. More information on these is welcome.

beasterbrook

First Post
A list would be welcome, especially in Excel. I'm always surprised by how many living/RPGA/OP adventures there have been. Of particular interest to me is which ones existed only digitally (meaning there was no official printed version - just files a DM printed), and which ones had some actual printed version. That's often hard to find out. There is also the issue of versions. Sometimes things change over time too - we edit our Ashes of Athas adventures before the next convention, so there are effectively two versions of each adventure (the initial release and then the second run, which is also the version for home play). Other campaigns have seen far more famous changes, including adventures being heavily edited to remove offensive content or altogether banned.

I was recently looking into the Adventurer's Guild series. I had practically no knowledge the retail program had ever existed, nor that it had some links to Living City. More information on these is welcome.

This is the most comeplete knowledge on the adventurers Guild series..

Adv Guild

Brette:)

qstor

Adventurer
Living Kalamar is now called Legends of Kalamar and uses the Hackmaster rules.

There's a Delta Green living campaign called Delta Files too.

Mike

Remove ads