Living Superheroes World (Come join the fun and the debate)

Kylara

First Post
LogicsFate said:
Hopefully "game breaking" powers would have been fixed coming into 2nd edition

Gamebreaking for PBP and Gamebreaking for face to face games are very different, even so, MnM 2.0(and a lot of other games for that matter) relies on GMs knowing their players, and being able to just flat out say no if a certain combination of powers is going to be too much for the game. In a format like the one we will be using, we are going to have to set up ahead of time the flat out No's.

Btw, not sure if you have paid attention, but Steve Kenson has been doing previews for the last couple of months, as well as simply posting selected powers, so it is easy to see what some powers are going to be like in 2.0, thats why I brought up Summon Minion, I have read the power.

2pp/rank Summon Minion (minion built on 15 PP/rank) Rank 10, 20PP
Progression feat (increases number of minions) [2,5,10.....] 3pp (10 minions)
Horde Extra (summon all minions at once) +1pp/rank 10PP
Heroic Extra (summouned minions are heroic/not minions) +1pp/rank 10pp
Broad Type (Animals) +2pp/rank 20pp

63 PP to be able to summon 10 PL 10(150PP) animals in 1 standard action, as I said above, it relies on GMs being able (and Willing) to say No.

Bront

The man with the probe
I remember creating a character in Champions who we dubed Adam.

He could summon 2^32 (give or take a power of 2, aka more than 1 billion), perfect (maxed human stats) people twice per day. Did not gain any control over them, just brought them into being. Poof.

Obviously, that was a bit over the top, and an extreme example, but it's there.

Once we get the rules out, we can work on setting up what are the "No" combos/powers.

Judges Poll will be up tonight, so if you want to be a judge, you still have time to note your candidacy.

Bront

The man with the probe
Judge Poll is up :)

I suggest anyone running make some sort of entry over there to tell people about yourselves. I already copied any coments I've seen already over there.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Still gathering interest. Anyone interested in a Living M&M World on these boards. I'm guessing that there are a few more people playing M&M here that would be interested!! :)

Keia

JimAde

First Post
Since I don't have my M&M book yet (lying Amazon shipping estimates grumble grumble) I couldn't start tomorrow or anything. But I'm definitely up for making a character once it arrives.

Bront

The man with the probe
Most people are in that boat, but things will change shortly, and we may not quite be ready to get this underway till november, since we still need to officaly hack out the backstory.

Remove ads