Living Supers/M&M - Proposals for the Origin

Phoenix

First Post
Velmont said:
You should say American pop culture. I am not from USA, what are my chance to know about it? I have Knowledge[American Pop Culture] 0, that is not commmon knowledge, so no chance for me to know :p

Me too...

Keia

I aim to misbehave
My bad . . . :)

How about Bruce Springsteen? Asbury Park was reputed to be the place he got his big break. (It wasn't actually - but it helped a lot). Also was the home to Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes.

Neither important to the superhero game but was interesting bit of info . . . or not :eek:

Keia

Velmont

First Post
Just like that, I reserve Achilles for hero name. I had some time to spare today, so I wrote down a little background for my chaarcter. Here the draft if it interest someone.

[SBLOCK]Code Name : Achilles
Name : Madani Mansaray
Origin : Mende, Sierra Leone

Height : 5'9"
Weight : 178 lbs.
Skin : Black
Eyes : Dark brown
Hairs : Brown
Distinctive trait : Scarifications under each eye, shaped as a double line

Powers :
* Invulnerability to all kind of damage short to heavy artillery
* Immunity to most poison and disease
* Able to survive without food, water and air
* Heal wound faster than normal human
* Vulnerability to diamond cuts

Transcription of an audio tape recorded by the RCMP
[Sergeant Peter Stillton] Tell me again your story, to be sure I understand. The more accurate you are, the more likely you won't be sent back to your homeland

[Madani Mansaray] My name is Madani Mansaray. I’m from a Mende tribe living in the northern part of the Sierra Leone. I’m born in a large family, but the family was too large and my parents to feed us all, so they sold me to a resistant group. So I was told, I don’t remember myself. I might have been kidnapped too, it didn’t matter anyway. So as far as I can remember, I have been raised in a small camp in the jungle, situated about 25 miles from Kabala. My only toy was an AK-47. My only friends were other kids who were trained to kill, just like me. My only right was to breath.

During those years, three persons have marked me. The first one was Ibrahim Gbaya. Gbaya was the war leader of our troop. It is him who trained us. Everyday, he forced us to do exercise, so we become strong enough to carry our gun. Some of the kids were smaller then the rifle they owned. All the morning, we run, climb to trees, learn to hide in the bush and learn to clean our gun. He once has been in the army, and so he knew more than anyone else. He had such magnetism and he exalts such an aura of fear that no one would dare to go against his will. During the afternoon, we had to do the entire manual task to maintain the camp. Some were also sent to a mine of diamond to get some. It was labourious and we came back with few diamonds, most of them too imperfect to be sold, but on long term, it was worth the trouble, so says Gbaya. At night, he generally chooses one of the kids. That kid at to spend the night with him. Everyone knew what was happening, but no one dared to say anything. As I said, no one dare to go against his will. Not even Komba Kamara.

Komba was the voice of Nowa, our goddess. He was the only non warrior in our camp. He was guiding the older member of our group. The kids weren’t much close to the tradition. The only good traditions for us, the kids, were the military traditions. I remember a night I was on guard. A small patrol has been attacked during the day. One of our men was wounded and starts to be possessed by some demon. It was scary. He was speaking a strange language. No one dare to touch the wounded, scared to be possessed by the demon too. Komba prepared some fetish. He put on one his heart, one on his head and one on his wound. The day after, the men slept during all the day. The day after, he woke up, very weak, but the demon had left him.

Outside Komba, there is only one man that I’ve met who wasn’t a warrior. That man was a reporter. His name was Henry Warren. Henry has been our prisoner for almost a year. It is Gbaya who decide to make him prisoner as he was visiting a village near the camp. He told us that men will allow the camp to make some money. The Canadian government was rich and peaceful. They would pay to have the man back, and good money would have easier time to buy things than the blood diamonds. I had the chance to speak with Henry. He spokes English, and it is with him that I start to speak English too. I understood very few words, but he spoke of a country where black and white lives equal and peacefully. Where everyone have what they need to live. No war, no racism, no hunger, no thirst. Gbaya told us it was only lies, which we should not listen, it was a trick from the white demon he was to be free and kidnap us. But I start to dream. For the first time in my life, I dreamed of another world. I was 12 I think. Finally, he was released, and I never knew if we had some money or not from his capture. Maybe Gbaya decide to release him in the center of the jungle, leaving him to the disease and beasts. Maybe he just killed him.

Then one night, while I was carrying blood diamond, preparing the paiement for new Ak-47, we saw in the sky a strange light. The light was bigger than any star, and it was moving. Everyone was scared. Gbaya asks Komba what was the signification of that. Komba took time to answers. He told us it was a sign of Nowa. She sends it not only to us, but to the entire world. As the light in the night sky, an event would disturb the entire world. Our camp will not be spared by that event. We were in danger, but we couldn’t do anything. But one day, things will come back, maybe not as they were, but in the same balance we had before. At that time, I didn’t know what it means, but it came obvious later.

It has been some time since the light has gone. We started to forget what happened that night. I was cutting some wood for the fire. At that moment, I heard the bell rang. It was the first time the camp was attacked. We were all sure a small band falls on us by chance, and we would easily take care of them. I run to my gun. I heard an explosion. A grenade! We hadn’t any grenade, too expensive. It must be our attacker. Militaries had some. If we could take down fast enough, we would have some nice weapon. But when I saw our attacker, I was stunned. It wasn’t a small band but a single man. That man was in fire. He was burning and throwing fireball at the men. He was laughing at us. Everyone was starting to run from him, but Gbaya ordered us to shoot. The men flew, but the kids knew only one thing, it is to obey. So we shoot our opponent. It seems as no bullet could touch him. He threw a fireball at me. It exploded at my feet. I was thrown in the air and I fall on something hard. I lost consciousness.

When I woke up, the camp was still burning. The only sound I could hear was the fame that was consuming the last building. The smell of burned corpse was giving me some nausea. I look at myself and I was alive. I had no wounds, even if my clothes were half burned. I found the body of Gbaya, Komba, all the kids and some men too. I was the only survivor I thought. Maybe some had the chance to fly before being killed, but I never found them. I saw some AK-47 lying on the ground, half melted. Some bullets too. Its look like that the bullet we shot at him melted before they touch him.

So I found myself alone. I was lost in the middle of a burning camp. Some vulture started to come, attracted by the smell of the death. For the first time in my life, I had to take a decision, one that would decide what my life would become. At that moment, my thought was carried to the lands describe by Henry. The Canada, if it really exists, I had to go there. Somewhere where I could just leave behind all that, a place where the burning man couldn’t find me.

I start to walk north. Then I start to follow the Niger River. It leads me up to Timbuktu, where I join a Touareg caravan up to Alger. During the travel, I met all kind of person, but most of them never saw the war. I saw the marvelous city of Bamako, where the technology of the white man had taken over the traditional way of the black men. All that gave me hope and I continued my way up to the Mediterranean see. From there, I took a boat to France and I had just time to set my foot on European ground that I found a way to go to Canada. . We were a small group of African refugee who was seeking his way to the American continent. The boat was traveling back to Africa before going to the port of Halifax but we hit a storm near the Canadian coast. The boat was in bad shape, and it sunk. The sailors all flee the wreck on a lifeboat, leaving the refugee to their fate. All of them drown or die from the cold of the ocean. I survived for a long time

[Sergeant Peter Stillton] Thank you. So end our conversation.

Notes:
[RCMP]
When Mansaray was found, no sign of drowning, hypothermia was found, nor he was lacking of food or water, even if he was found floating in the middle of the ocean, alone, without any possession that would explain his survival. All clue let us believe his story about the boat was true. The only explanation reasonable is he must be a Super.

Notes:
[UN Task Force Intelligence]
The burning man describe by Mansaray is the only Super identified up to now in the Sierra Leone. He is a member of the military elite troop. We suspect him to have burned down many resistance villages. There is not enough proof yet to accuse him of crime against humanity. Also, we haven’t yet the identity of the burning man.

Notes:
[UN Task Force Evaluators]
The Canadian government has rejected his immigration demand as he was unable to give any proof of his origin or that his life was in danger in his homeland, wherever it was. The Canadian authority was about to return him when one of the immigration agent send us his information.

Notes:
After the study of his case, we have taken a decision. His minority and his past make him unsuitable for the Super team. If his story is true, a child of war generally develops some mental disabilities that could be dangerous to a team. Due to the nature of his power, we decide to pass over that and let him join the team. He would be followed closely by a psychologist and he would be tested to see if he is as invulnerable as he pretends to be.

Notes:
After some test, we found that he could spend unlimited time without food, water or air. Also, is harder than any known substance short to the diamond. The diamond is the only thing that can cut through his skin, and seems to do so with ease, but even then, he seems to heal from his wounds a lot faster than it is humanly possible. Also, his psychologist told he was a mentally stable person, but might have a different moral code. It is highly suggested that a strong leader is present in every mission he would be sent.

Notes:
[UN Task Force Head]
Madani Mansaray has been integrated to the UN Task Force under the codename Achilles, as his power make him as invulnerable as Achilles was.[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
The background I wrote raise a question in my head. Can anybody join the Resolutes? What happen if you havn't reach your majority, or you might be considered mentally unstable and unpredicatable (like a berserk, paranoiac, ect...)?

Bront

The man with the probe
I think, at the moment, it's open enrolment. If young kids/unstable people cause a problem, they may begin to tighten the restiction a bit, but at the moment, I think theyre more interested in getting new heroes in the open and on their books.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Let's get a moving with ideas and suggestions!!! :) Perhaps a few separate threads that things that have been discussed can be voted on?

I think location, and a few other things are possible for votes to keep things moving. :)

Keia

Phoenix

First Post
I'm thinking of building a bit of flavoursomeness to the background, all of it information not pertinent to the playing of said game, but since I've only got a couple of months left in me, I thought I'd add a little to the project...

Kylara

First Post
Bront said:
Any thoughts, ideas, or addendums on the adjusted timeline I presented?

I am officially ok with your updated timeline, and if the addition requires re-approval, then:

Official Vote Kylara: Updated Timeline
Yes

Remove ads